PDA

View Full Version : Buccaneer Video request

syncro_single
9th Feb 2006, 15:09
I remember back in the good old days there was a film set around a Buccaneer detachment to Gib. There was a Vangelis tune in it as well.

Does anybody have a copy of this video and if so could I get a copy?

Does anybody remember the name of the Vangelis tune?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Pete

HEIGHTSGOODBACK5
9th Feb 2006, 15:55
Sorry not got the footage but it was a PR film for 12 Sqn Buccs
The music is by VANGELIS and its off the album SPIRAL.......
The track being " TO THE UNKNOWN MAN "
Fantastic music oudone only by fantastic LL Flying

jimgriff
9th Feb 2006, 16:00
I've got a copy. PM your snail mail and I'll send you one

BEagle
9th Feb 2006, 16:05
'To the Unknown Man', I think?

Track 1 side B on 'To the Unknown Man Vol. 1' LP - if it's the one I'm thinking of and playing right now for the first time in around 20 years on my old B&O turntable!

Safeware
9th Feb 2006, 18:38
Of all the PR films produced around that time, it was by far the best. Set off brilliantly by Vangelis.

sw

air pig
9th Feb 2006, 18:49
W H Smith released it as part of a double VHS offering " Great Warplanes of the RAF" some years ago. Remember "Bananas Bananas"
also on the tapes, 9 Squadron at Marham on GR1s and Jaguars from Laarbruch and a Nimrod squadron.

jindabyne
9th Feb 2006, 19:32
The piece was put together by Hugh Hudson, director of Chariots of Fire. Continuity girl was particulary tasty!

role is great
10th Feb 2006, 06:01
There is an excellent series of DVDs produced by DD home video called "Classic British Jets". The full Bucc Gib det movie is featured on the "Buccaneer, the last British bomber". Easily available from Amazon.Saw this film in the pictures as a trailer when it came out. Joined up....1st posting to 12 Sqn.....1st det....Gib........Ah happy days