PDA

View Full Version : Online booking system - software packages available ?

Randomtox
9th Feb 2006, 09:05
Hi there,

Does anyone know of a software "package" that can provide an out-of-the box internet booking system for a light aircraft ? I can get the domain names etc - I just need the software to provide the backend functionality.

Googling "on-line booking software" just highlights a huge number of hotel(like) reservation systems which is more advanced than my need.

Thanks in advance

random

172driver
9th Feb 2006, 09:32
check out www.book-a-plane.com. works a treat.

Genghis the Engineer
9th Feb 2006, 10:08
We just use a free Yahoo egroup to keep one syndicate in touch, and the online calendar for bookings.

G

dublinpilot
9th Feb 2006, 10:51
We use Flight Schedule Pro (http://www.flightschedulepro.com). It costs about us$6 per month, and requires no backoffice equipment.

Recomonded

dp

vindaloo
9th Feb 2006, 11:04
I know that there are many options out there at the moment, some free, but if there is a real need to develop a new internet booking system from scratch then I would be prepared to do it. All I'd ask is that someone else does the design (on paper) with a full description of the required functionality.
I believe there is a booking system available on the Flyer Syndicate pages - is this any good?
Vindaloo

Chilli Monster
9th Feb 2006, 11:19
Have a look at http://www.aircraftbooking.co.uk. Fully hosted, reasonable price, with lots of things on it (currency warnings, inter group messaging) which are user friendly.

Randomtox
9th Feb 2006, 12:15
for all your replies ! Very useful !

random

IO540
9th Feb 2006, 18:18
I had one custom written by a friend, in perl I think. Took him a day. The page runs nicely on the browser on a pocket/pc PDA - unlike most websites!

One thing to consider, relevant in some cases:

If the plane is being genuinely rented out then you can run it like a rental business, with corporation tax and VAT advantages. But the Revenue can (and has done in my case) ask to see the booking logs to ensure that nobody is getting priority (Benefit in Kind / bounty rules; any accountant here will recognise this right away).

Not sure if you will get the booking logs from one of the yahoo-type booking sites.

Pronto
10th Feb 2006, 11:18
My club uses the services of e-allocator for aircraft bookings. It's quick and - on the basis of a years experience - reliable. It's not quite what you were looking for - it's entirely online.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to what is, in effect, a commercial site, but a quick search on google should give you the URL. If not, PM me.

P

egbt
10th Feb 2006, 12:39
We also use e-allocator for the syndicate plane, £6 per month and no hassle.

Cusco
10th Feb 2006, 13:25
Another vote for www.aircraft booking.co.uk

User friendly and costs less than half an hour's flying for an annual sub.