PDA

View Full Version : Instructor Rating- Waterloo

UB6IB9
8th Feb 2006, 05:36
can anyone give any insight on some of the schools at waterloo? most importantly the probability of getting a job once the rating is complete.

Glorified Donkey
9th Feb 2006, 13:29
Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre is top 5 biggest flight schools in the country. There is lots of flying here (general public, college program students/integrated, air cadets, sight seeing) I know of about 5-6 instructors that have left due to movement in the industry and they will definetly be looking for instructors. The owner of WWFC is also the owner of National Flyers Academy. So if you train with them, you're most likely gonna get offered a job. The probability is alot higher than other flight schools in that area.

Good Luck!

UB6IB9
9th Feb 2006, 14:03
Actaully it's National Flyers Academy I've been looking at. So if I train at National Flyers I'll most likely have a chance of getting hired by one of the 2 schools? Or would I be restricted to the school I was trained at?

Cheers

ODGUY
9th Feb 2006, 17:04
I know lots who did their ratings in ykf and got hired, only to be let go after the cadet season. I hear they only give you 2 cadets.

sepia
9th Feb 2006, 22:38
Watch out for "profit moffat" and his grand tales. He'll tell you whatever it takes to get your 5K for the instructor rating. Bottom line is you don't want to work for that twerp. You'd be far better off working in London, Guelph, or Hamilton.

sky747
14th Feb 2006, 09:14
A friend of mine sent his son for training there. This is a place which has fairly well experienced instructors. However management reportedly is treating it's employees like slaves. This creates very poor work ethics and therefore very poor quality of instruction. This is feedback from the staff to the students !!!

Any good coments you receive here could well be those of management.

I'd recommend Toronto airways, the Brampton flying club or the Hamilton flying club. There is also one at Burlington- spectrum airways.

mattler906
14th Feb 2006, 18:31
'Used to work at National Flyers Academy. It was a great place to work, good people, good friends, and the planes worked most of the time. The Katana's are lots of fun. You'll likely spend more on your instructor rating there, but Moffit has it structured in such a way that you do get a lot out of it. If you finish your instructor rating before the end of June, you will most likely get put on cadets. You'll get two (about 60 hours), which is great for the recommends required for the class III upgrade. It's best to finish your rating in early May, that way you have a month and a half to drum up some civy students. If you work hard and treat your students well, you could quite easily do a large chunk of hours in a summer season. Even though Moffit's at WWFC, I'm sure his input is still felt throughout the company. He will have high expectations of you and you won't get paid well for it, but those who worked hard were rewarded for it. Keep in mind, NFA builds hours as much as it does character, so if you go in with that expectation, you will get a lot out of it. NFA got me started in this biz and I wouldn't change a thing.

Good luck!

aislinn
14th Feb 2006, 22:51
Hi There,
Try Aero Academy in London. Ph # 519 453 8611. Small school at a great airport. I did all my ratings there and instructed with them for a year before moving on. Richard Moon is the CFI and Sharon Moon is the manager. Tell em, Cal says Hi!:ok: