PDA

View Full Version : Eurocontrol

tiger_bob
7th Feb 2006, 21:44
Hi guys,

I have just sent off my application form to Eurocontrol.

Just curious, but has anyone trained in Luxembourg??? If so, what is it like?? What is Maastricht like??

Any info would be much appreciated!

Rob

normally right blank
7th Feb 2006, 23:20
Luxembourg is fine, though getting expensive now. I won't tell you when my training was (too far ago) but get the best of the international athmosphere. Can't hurt you! :ok:

Tsinapah
8th Feb 2006, 10:44
If you mean "luxemburg city", well, it's a little, expensive but nice town.
But absolutely nothing to do in the evening :bored:
The IANS building (http://www.eurocontrol.int/ians/public/subsite_homepage/homepage.html) in itself looks like the Headquarter's in Brussel , so rather new & spacious. And a great international atmosphere as mentioned before.

Angrel
8th Feb 2006, 18:30
Tiger_bob: u got a site or link where i can find the application form for Euro control? ive searched on the net but i get loads of crap and no app form!

Aiguilleur du ciel
8th Feb 2006, 18:39
Tiger_bob: u got a site or link where i can find the application form for Euro control? ive searched on the net but i get loads of crap and no app form!
Angrel, try this link
http://www.eurocontrol.int/corporate/public/standard_page/jobs_appli_students_atc.html

:ok:

tiger_bob
8th Feb 2006, 18:48
you beat me to it!!

cheers for the feedback guys!

Bob

Bettyboop
8th Feb 2006, 19:51
Hi Bob

If you get in you'll be trained by my uncle and he's a good guy so you'll be fine.
Never been myself but they're always raving about Luxembourg!!!!!

Good luck

Betty:p

Angrel
8th Feb 2006, 21:03
thanks Aiguilleur! you are a true gent!!:D

and tiger too!

Irish Expat
12th Feb 2006, 22:28
Hi guys,

I have just sent off my application form to Eurocontrol.

Just curious, but has anyone trained in Luxembourg??? If so, what is it like?? What is Maastricht like??

Any info would be much appreciated!

Rob

Luxembourg is a beautiful city! As mentioned can be extremely boring in the evenings. I lived outside the City about 20 mins by bus to the IANS and the town. I had a bus every 30 mins, which was grand, The weekends are a great buzz, and if you end up with a good bunch on your course then you will have some great times. Midweek you will find yourself studying most of the time
There are thousands of expats there, most working in banking. And some good bars and nightclubs, the pygmalion Irish Pub, Prime Time, the Tube....to mention a few....some good memories.
The instuctors are sound,and you can expect plenty of support! Ye get back what ye put in!
Maastricht if you make it, is a lovely town, with a lot of history and culture. The nightlife is alright! It is the oldest city in the Netherlands and apparently was once the capital. you are in Belgium in 5 mins and Germany in 20 and within an hour of Brussels, Cologne, Eindhoven and Dusseldorf, Amsterdam being two hours away.
Its a hard slog from start to finish but it's worth it in the end! It is a great company to work for. The mixture of Nationalities is also a great thing...GOOD LUCK! GO FOR IT!

Irish Expat
12th Feb 2006, 22:29
Mate you might want to get in there soon aswell, I think the upper age limit is still 25!

Ali Bongo
13th Feb 2006, 09:44
Maastricht, probably one of the greatest Citys. I lived there about 10 years ago now and it was great. In fact it was so good, I married one of the locals and therefore have to visit a few times a year!

Sitting on the Vrijtof in summer has to be one of the best sites around ..:ok: :ok: :eek:

All I need now (and to make wife delriously happy), is a job at Eurocontrol! :cool:

Lon More
13th Feb 2006, 15:06
Irish Expat Correct, conditions are here (http://www.eurocontrol.int/muac/public/standard_page/AUbecomeATCO.html)
Been there, done it, and created the T shirt

darkhorse1001
14th Feb 2006, 20:58
Having just been turned down by NATS:mad: :(:{ , i'm looking at the eurocontrol ATC training program. I'd have no probs with moving abroad for the training but would be grateful for any info regarding where you're likley to get posted if you go down that route? Do you have as little say about it as you do with NATS? and could it be anywhere in europe?

I dont like the idea of moving abroad permenantly, but don't want to wait around for 12 months before i can apply again.

any ideas much appreciated.

tiger_bob
14th Feb 2006, 21:16
I dont like the idea of moving abroad permenantly, but don't want to wait around for 12 months before i can apply again.

You are applying for the wrong job then!! You are based at Maastricht in Holland upon graduating I believe.

Number2
14th Feb 2006, 22:01
"I dont like the idea of moving abroad permanently"

And you're thinking of applying to Eurocontrol! Am I the only one here that thinks that sounds daft?!

darkhorse1001
15th Feb 2006, 11:13
OK, cheers tiger and number two. having done a bit more research i can see my plan is severely flawed.:rolleyes: I'm really just wanting to get some experience in the field before applying again in 12 months. I was thinking about trying to find an ATSA vacancy but i am i right in thinking NATS are more likely to be 'streamlining' in this area rather than recruiting? especially considering the effects of the new pay deal?

Irish Expat
15th Feb 2006, 11:21
Tiger, have you heard anything back yet?

tiger_bob
15th Feb 2006, 16:47
No not yet....sent the form off on Friday so am hoping to hear something soon.

Jagohu
20th Feb 2006, 16:33
Lux is quite ok, at least you can be sure you won't get distracted from studying :D I lived 15 mins drive from the IANS, outside the city and it was very-very nice, in fact much nicer than my flat in Maastricht right now... Adding some places to Irish expatriot's list, Maybe Not Bob's, Lisboa II and Chi'Chi's are all nice places too to go out for a dinner :)
Though Maastricht is much-much better I think - both to work and to go out.
Unfortunately in the next AbInitio there will be much less people, but good luck for you guys, just do your best...

andrepilota
21st Feb 2006, 13:18
the job is great,the life is alright,it could be better(the sun hardly shines...)and i think the night life could be a lot better as well...

but all in all maastricht is alright,good quality of life,and lots of GERMAN BLONDE CHICKS.....

it s worth the trip even if only for the selection.....

hey irish expat,how s life?

ciao paddy

PPRuNe Radar
21st Feb 2006, 16:01
Eurocontrol FAQs come up regularly, in a similar fashion to NATS ones in the UK.

Hopefully we are about start working on providing individual threads for NATS which will highlight the relevant facts regarding the general application aspects, the tests, interview topics, etc, etc. These threads will then be linked via a 'sticky' FAQ at the top of the Forum. Once these are in place, there will be no need for anyone to post the same questions week after week (or month after month) - cutting down some of the trees so we can see the wood :)

I would love to do a similar thing for Eurocontrol, so if anyone has the knowledge and a little spare time to pull together the answers to any anticipated questions, feel free to get in touch :ok: