PDA

View Full Version : Logging Hours

Lord Flashheart
7th Feb 2006, 13:02
Once you hold a PPL and SEP class rating then how do you log hours thereafter? For example, solo flights P1. If you do a night rating or IMC rating that would be PUT i guess. Or due to you being qualified on the aircraft is it logged at SPIC?

If you learn to fly a new type, ie going from PA28's to T67, do you log the hours of difference training with the instructor as PUT or as PICUS?

I have logged all these hours as PUT and was wondering if any of them count as P1 in the form of SPIC or PICUS.

Whopity
8th Feb 2006, 16:53
The reason you are doing an IMC rating or night qualification is because you are NOT qualified therefore it must be instruction i.e. DUAL

SPIC is only used on Integrated courses of training for a CPL/IR or ATPL and has a specific purpose on that course. It can only be flown IFR.

Guidance is available in LASORS Section A App B here: http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/SECTION%20A.pdf
Alternatively JAR-FCL1 SubPart A http://www.jaa.nl/

There are cases not covered in thse documents neither of which are Law. If in doubt read the ANO Article 35 and make you own mind up what to do. It is after all your own personal log and the only legal requirements are in Art 35.

If you are undergoing differences "training" it is really Dual, if you are being checked out i.e. to all intents and purposes you are acting as PIC then there is no reason why it should not be logged as PIS (PICUS) provided it is countersigned by the PIC. No, this case is not in LASORS or JAR-FCL but it does comply with the requirements of Art 35 in that it fairly describes your operating capacity, and the Instructor qualifies as PIC. I have done it this way for years without any problems.

S-Works
8th Feb 2006, 17:51
Oh no not again......

There is no such thing as P1/S or PICUS unless it is following a successful flight test. There is not other use of this in single pilot ops.

You are either P1 or PUT full stop. (unless logging a succesful flight test).

AerBabe
8th Feb 2006, 18:31
Oh no not again......

Shh ... someone might hear you and start asking about headsets or kneeboards. :suspect: