PDA

View Full Version : EK Bomb Threat

almulla
4th Feb 2006, 18:07
I heard some worrying news today from a good source that the EK 87 whilst ready for take off received a direct bomb threat. Apparently, during a manual demo, one of the crew found a handwritten note in the demo bag saying "there is a bomb on board allah wakhbar".
Apparently some of the crew did not want to continue to operate but the plane left all the same. Surely, the plane should not have left without a thourough security check. Anyone know any More?

DarkStar
4th Feb 2006, 18:31
Depends if the A/c came from a secure area and had been 'signed off' as searched and clear. I'd imagine EK have a proper evaluation in place to determine such a threat. Red, Amber, Green etc etc.....

PRNAV1
4th Feb 2006, 19:19
sod that! i wouldn't be happy taking off with that on my mind. fair play to the crew who excepted to continue on that flt...:\

PaperTiger
5th Feb 2006, 17:48
Number of bomb "threats" to commercial aircraft: umpteen.
Number of actual bombs found as a result: 0.

HeavyDog
5th Feb 2006, 18:01
Unfortunately, once the threat has been delivered the a/c should be thoroughly searched & not dismissed as just another threat!
The bomb only has to be lucky once, crew & aircraft have to be lucky everytime! So bugger the cost's involved and missing slot's etc, I wouldn't like to step foot on the a/c & i wouldn't expect any operating crew to either until the search was complete and the all clear given!
:ok:

Richard Spandit
5th Feb 2006, 19:44
Most airlines have grades of bomb threats that are assessed. It's like the police with the IRA a few years back - the IRA had specific codes they could use so the police took them seriously.

HeavyDog
5th Feb 2006, 20:41
Yes, so very true. But the league of terrorist that so threaten's this society today is unconforming from the previous level of terrorism that we've seen before. The IRA targets were buildings, they warned with a coded message to give the authority's time to act! The terrorist of today are indeed targeting humans, & therefore no warnings are usauly issued!
So, in reality, every a/c, train, bus should be checked regulary & if a warning was issued we would accept it's a hoax and dismiss!
Hmmmmmm!

QCM
6th Feb 2006, 00:38
In the history of real bombs on board ( Lockerbie, DC10 UTA...etc...) the guys NEVER put a paper on board or warned the companies.

ChewyTheWookie
6th Feb 2006, 00:48
In the history of real bombs on board ( Lockerbie, DC10 UTA...etc...) the guys NEVER put a paper on board or warned the companies.

hmmm... Maybe the paper was just never found...

would be a bit pointless though anyway...