PDA

View Full Version : SEP revalidation

G-SPOTs Lost
3rd Feb 2006, 21:52
Evening All
Have tried to search for the answer, the answers are there but still leave sufficent doubt as to ask once again, my question is this.
Is it possible to retrospectively have my SEP revalidated even though it ran out in November, in October I did an IR/MEP renewal.
The examiner is known to me and quite pragmatic, or do I need to do the hours flight with the examiner.
I dont have the 12 hours in the 12 months but do have about 1000 instructional hours in SEP in the previous three years before that.
I have also within the last couple of weeks done a LPC on a multi pilot aircraft would this be more valid?????? The examiner in this case was obviously a TRE but not an FE or CRE.
Sorry if I'm asking old questions.
Cheers

BEagle
3rd Feb 2006, 22:22
The SEP Class Rating cannot be revalidated retrospectively.

You will need to fly a SEP Class Rating Renewal LST with an Examiner.

Stan Evil
6th Feb 2006, 20:31
Furthermore, almost all class and type ratings are independent of each other so renewing /revalidating a rating on an MEP or a type does not give any privileges on an SEP.

The only classes where there is any crossover are TMG and SEP and also the PA-46 piston.

However, a single-pilot instrument rating renewed/revalidated on a twin is valid on a single but not the other way around.

foxmoth
6th Feb 2006, 21:29
It may seem harsh, but if you miss getting your revalidation signed off by even one day you need to do the test - I am an ATPL and also a practising p.t.instructor, I was current with everything done, had a cold the day I was planning to get it signed then missed it again through being stuck abroad.By the time I could get things sorted I was a day out and had to do the test as you will - bad luck:ugh:

Keygrip
7th Feb 2006, 00:05
Stan - whilst what you say is correct - it's worth pointing out that ANY FIXED WING FLIGHT TEST will count in lieu of the 1 hour dual requirement with a JAA instructor for SEP revalidation purposes. Emphasis on fixed wing - rotary test doesn't count.

MPA Instrument Rating on a B747 will count - but you still need 12 hours in SEP aircraft (the flight time doesn't count - just the "test" aspect).