PDA

View Full Version : UKFT what do u think???

Pilatus09
3rd Feb 2006, 16:43
hey guys,
im heading to the US in August to get the JAA PPL, just wonderin has anyone trained with UKFT lately and what are they generally like.

Its a lot of money to be spendin and its a long way from home so id like to make sure that its money well spent...

Sommit seems fishy bout their JAR compliant PPL and FULL JAA PPL...bit of confusion here on my part probably?? All Comment greatly recieved...

Thanks
Pilatus09

Established Localiser
3rd Feb 2006, 17:09
Is it the one on the East Coast of Florida? If so I'm quite sure a pal of mine did his PPL,Night,Twin etc there and he raved about it , loved it , from memory I think there are testimonials on their web site , the quote from my pal there was not prompted at all they wrote what he said.

So A1 I guess.

Good Luck you will love it out there, I flew quite a few hours from Naples Air Centre & loved it.

EL:cool:

potkettleblack
4th Feb 2006, 10:21
Hi there,

This has been done to death over in the wanabees section for years so I strongly suggest you do a search. In summary from what I recall....

- a JAR compliant PPL does NOT exist, its just a marketing gimic
- you are effectively getting an FAA PPL with I think the JAR ground school and/or radio exams so that you can send off the paperwork when you get back to the UK and swap your FAA PPL for a JAA version
- the price you are paying is way more expensive than if you went to any of the thousands of US flight schools and asked for an FAA PPL and then found a local school back in blighty to sit the ground exams

Good luck.

Pilatus09
7th Feb 2006, 19:26
hey thanks guys ill search the wannabes for more on this

cheers!:ok: