PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question about Pilots / Demographics

Samuelpdx
2nd Feb 2006, 05:25
Hi all!

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong section to post this in, but here is what's going on... I have been interested in becoming a pilot for years now, and I have several pilots in my family. I am doing a project for a class I am taking where I need to do some research and find out the demographics of airline pilots - where they are from, their age, race, sex, etc., and I am coming up rather empty handed in the research I have done so far.

I did a few quick searches but didn't come up with much. Does anybody have any data on this, or any suggestions as to where I may be able to find it?

If anybody has any info on this or any hints as to where/how I could go about finding it, it would be much appreciated! Thanks,

Sam

Snape
2nd Feb 2006, 09:12
Hi all!

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong section to post this in, but here is what's going on... I have been interested in becoming a pilot for years now, and I have several pilots in my family. I am doing a project for a class I am taking where I need to do some research and find out the demographics of airline pilots - where they are from, their age, race, sex, etc., and I am coming up rather empty handed in the research I have done so far.

I did a few quick searches but didn't come up with much. Does anybody have any data on this, or any suggestions as to where I may be able to find it?

If anybody has any info on this or any hints as to where/how I could go about finding it, it would be much appreciated! Thanks,

Sam

It's difficult, because some of that info may be personal. Of course, the FAA contains that database, but access may be limited. You could try AOPA - the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association.

Roadtrip
3rd Feb 2006, 05:13
Try contacting the Airline Pilots Association (ALPA). They're on the web at:

http://www.alpa.org/

They probably have some general statistics like that.

Samuelpdx
7th Feb 2006, 22:39
Try contacting the Airline Pilots Association (ALPA). They're on the web at:

http://www.alpa.org/

They probably have some general statistics like that.

Great, I'm going to do this... Thanks a bunch for the suggestion, Roadtrip :)