PDA

View Full Version : Future of JAR CPL

indipilot
1st Feb 2006, 17:36
Hi! i am new to learning flying. Presently i am undergoing JAR PPL training at British Airways Flying Club. Can anyone tell me how frequently one can get the job right after CPL training me talking about any job that can help me in building up my hours. Where shall i look for a job that will give me flying exp as well as little financial support too. It will be of great help.

Also if possible what exact sequence of training should i follow to reach the top in flying experience. i meam after JAR PPL onwards to ATPL to get job as Co-Pilot..... thanks

Lord Flashheart
1st Feb 2006, 17:51
There aren't that many things you can do straight after your CPL. If you want to instruct you need an FI rating, to fly air taxi you require 700 hours total time etc.

The sequence of training consists of; PPL, 100 hours PIC (inc. 300nm cross country) and a night rating to start a CPL. 14 ATPL written exams. Then the 25 hour CPL itself (28 if including a MEP), a 55 (maybe 50) hour IR, and possibly an MCC although that is not required. That gets you a "fATPL", the f standing for frozen, ie. a CPL/IR.

To gain the ATPL you have to have 1500 hours total time, 500 multi crew on an aircraft of over 5,700kg.