PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding the confuser

captain Binns
1st Feb 2006, 15:07
Hi Everyone,
This is my first post here, I am 17 years old and working my way towards the PPL, after which the CPL...etc to ATPL.
My question;
I am nearly ready to sit the air law exam, I have studied the TT books and done a bit of extra reading. Just a short while ago I bought the PPL confuser, I had a run through and was pleased with how much I had remembered! However I wonder if anyone knows what the most up to date version of it is? I have the revised 2003 version. Has there been a new one scince then as I have heard the exams have changed.
Many thanks in advance.
Andrew

RudeNot2
1st Feb 2006, 15:13
I am led to believe the latest one has the green cover..

Dave

CherokeeDriver
1st Feb 2006, 15:50
Can confirm the latest one has a green cover and multipe choice of 4 answers - the older one has a choice of 3.

coodem
1st Feb 2006, 17:42
I too am planning on getting one of these, but only after studying the Pratt Books. Don't want to get tempted to just braindump. I find reading the complete books achieve a better over all knowledge, while brain-dumping the ppl confuser alone will just get you to pass the exam.

After having a look around for the book, I find most site have a picture of the green cover, but found that the ones that do mention the year say "2003 revised" Even though the pic shows a green cover. Can anyone confirm the date of the new/latest book

S205-18F
1st Feb 2006, 17:53
I believe the latest one is a Green cover fifth edition 2003 but I got it 18 months ago! It is possible it has been superceded but dont think so. The last version has a black cover. Hope this helps and good luck I got my license last November what a magic feeling!
John.

captain Binns
1st Feb 2006, 17:55
As I said, mine is the 2003 revised (green cover) edition, I guess that this must be the most up to date version.
They claim the questions are just like the ones in the exam, so I hope it helps!!

S205-18F
1st Feb 2006, 18:07
Yes it did help me and I passed all the exams first go not bad for an old codger who last took exams nearly 30 years ago:eek: Basically read the book then try the exam if you can achieve 90% or better then you are ready to sit the exam. Watch out though there are some changes to the air law rules height restriction have changed I believe.

John.

captain Binns
1st Feb 2006, 18:39
Thanks John, I am currently studying A levels, so kind of easy to get into the studying routine!!
Will check out the new height laws, have they changed the 500ft, 1500ft and 1000m laws?
Thanks.
Andrew

FormationFlyer
2nd Feb 2006, 11:20
Yes rule 5 has been revised. It is now 1000' over a built up area instead of 1500'.

As an instructor I can recommend that the best approach is to read the background material (preferably Pratt :ok: , but Thom if you are feeling the need for a dry read :ugh: ). Then once you have done that, do the questions in the book (relating to each section/subject) - and if you get any wrong - revist the sections you screwed up.

Then *and only then* get the confuser out and work your way through ALL the questions for the exam you want to take.

Hope this helps.

jabberwok
2nd Feb 2006, 12:10
You also have access direct to the source material too.

CAA Publications (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?categoryid=33&pagetype=65&applicationid=11&mode=list&type=subcat&id=10)

Maybe a bit OTT for many but there's a lot of good stuff there - and free too.

CAP393 is the beast you want for Rules..