PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Airways

GBALU53
27th Jan 2006, 12:54
Any body have any idea of when the Atp,s will be comming on line??

With both aircraft i believe now fully painted and company name on them they must be close to operational flying if not started.

I believe one aircraft will operate Brussels-Luton-Guernsey-Jersey day stop then do the return but at the moment it is still operaten by Air Atlaniques ATR42 G-IONA.

We understand that the handling agent down in Jersey was waiting for a high loader to arrive from Edinbourgh and this might have had some delay on replacing the ATR42.

Are there any photos been log on any of the sight with the aircraft painted up??:ok: :ok: :ok:

Oshkosh George
27th Jan 2006, 15:04
No,but I found this one of a new Indian freight airline (artists impression obviously).

Very nice indeed!

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
27th Jan 2006, 19:14
One of Atlantic's ATPs has been doing training flights this week at CVT and up to DSA, so can't imagine it'll be too much longer.

Conc
28th Jan 2006, 09:14
Heard that Guernsey have taken delivery of their hi-loader but have not managed to get it started and train anyone yet. Most thoughts seem to be middle to end of next month before the ATP takes over from G-IONA.

HZ123
28th Jan 2006, 10:27
Plenty of the a/c for sale at Southend, trouble no takers even 'Magic Blue' have failed to collect two that were PH registered and newly liveried.

Oshkosh George
28th Jan 2006, 14:28
Magic Blue were a non-starter. They went bust.

GBALU53
28th Jan 2006, 20:31
Where have all these ATP pilots gone???

With JARs comming into being a few years ago have they all gone to Sweden??

With so many Atps on the British Register ten years ago it,s sad to see a demise of another Bitish aircraft faiding from Britains airways, at least Atlantic Airlines is trying to keep the type going withinthe airways of U.K;) ;) :ok: .

Little Blue
29th Jan 2006, 07:02
I just hope that they have more luck with the ATP's than we did at bmi (British Midland). They spent more time on the deck, with the cowlings open, than in the air !

Oshkosh George
29th Jan 2006, 22:06
Report on Skyliner-aviation which says Atlantic to acquire six more (making nine) ATPs in 2006/7.

virginblue
29th Jan 2006, 22:14
I tend to believe that they lifted the information from ABTN. ABTN also reports than an Indian start-up whose names escapes me at the moment (subsidiary of a large express freight company) will take another three.

Oshkosh George
29th Jan 2006, 22:25
ABTN also reports than an Indian start-up whose names escapes me at the moment (subsidiary of a large express freight company) will take another three.

All will be revealed if you view my picture link above!

GBALU53
31st Jan 2006, 08:27
On checking with BAE systems Atlantic AIirlines will receive aircraft number three in the first quarter of this year CN 2024.
With reference to the Indian courier company BAE has signed a long term deal for three aircraft so the information and the artist impression does seem to be correct but watch this space as we know what happened to Blue not so Magic.
The aircraft they are ment to receive are CN 2039 2051 and 2054.
So British aircraft are still required around some parts of the world.:) :) :ok:

GBALU53
1st Feb 2006, 13:48
Atlantic Airlines hope to be operating five by the end of 2006 and a total of nine by the end of 2007.

A picture of one of the aircraft can be found on there web sight.

Any one have any ideas when they will be operating commercially if they are not already.:) :) :ok: :ok:

Where will the next step be???

GBALU53
13th Feb 2006, 12:40
With three aircraft registered to Atlantic Airlines as per the Aircraft Illustrated UK Airlines 2006.

Does anyone have any idea when the aircraft will be in full daily operations.??

Is it a crewing problem????

It was several weeks ago when some crew training was taking place so are they about to line train or are they fully ready up and running.

The aircraft does look good on the gallery index on the company web sight.

Stand 22
13th Feb 2006, 17:41
Edited for advertising.

SM82
13th Feb 2006, 18:02
Cant say im surprised. Excellent timings so cant see why it wont work. Good luck to AAG !

WOWBOY
13th Feb 2006, 18:06
Good Luck to them!!

Hope they do well:p
Mabye they could expand in Plymouth :O :p

J-Guy
13th Feb 2006, 18:12
This move had been predicated on the Jersey thread and it is fantastic news for the island to see the return of the Stansted flights. Hopefully it will be supported by islanders :D

GBALU53
13th Feb 2006, 20:31
Air Atlantique provides aircraft for other people to operate.

This case being Atlantic Express,

Who really is behind the Jersey Stansted Operation??

The Osprey gets in a lot of places but not in the St Ouens pond???:) :) :8 :8

Hawk
13th Feb 2006, 21:06
Contributors to this thread..do not continue to post links to airline services. Go read the ROE at the top of the forum. Any further links will result in the thread being locked.
Thanks
H.

GBALU53
13th Feb 2006, 21:46
Sorry if i was out of turn:sad: :sad:

14th Feb 2006, 08:50
Air Atlantique provides aircraft for other people to operate.

This case being Atlantic Express

Jeez - Express finished years ago!

Anything else you want to comment on......and get wrong??!

GBALU53
15th Feb 2006, 03:27
ATTN 5150

Before you comment in quoting people are incorrect you need to do some research.:ok: :ok:

Air Atlantique Express lives on.:O :O

Conc
15th Feb 2006, 09:03
GBALU53:

Afraid to say you are incorrect, Atlantic Express no longer exists. Air Atlantique is the operating company of the ATRs, Metro, Citation and the other operating companies of the group are Reconaissance and the Classic Flight. Atlantic Airlines operates the Electras and ATPs and is a totally seperate company now.

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
15th Feb 2006, 11:48
And the An-72.

Airlines have been leasing an ATR-42 from Atlantique to do mail flights from LTN recently though.

Confusingly enough though, Atlantique seem to answer the phone as "Atlantic"

Space_odyssey
15th Feb 2006, 12:50
"Air Atlantique Express"

Haven`t heard that one before ! I personally think Air Atlantique needs to change it`s name/branding completely, there`s just way too much confusion to the outside world! Mind you, that would probably involve another office move, we don`t want to encourage any more of them, it`s like playing hide and seek with ops every time I go to work !

Ops Bangle
15th Feb 2006, 15:26
Conc

If you do a search on Google under "Atlantic Express" you will see a .co.uk address which takes you to the website that has all the details of the proposed JER services (and it does say Operated by Air Atlantique)

15th Feb 2006, 16:14
I stand corrected.

However, Atlantic Express is a former arm of the company that was buried a few years ago.

News of its re-invention has not even been heard at HQ!

Signed:

A. Mushroom

Ops Bangle
15th Feb 2006, 17:10
5150:

Believe me, I do know the feeling!!

Space_odyssey
15th Feb 2006, 17:46
Atlantic Express doesn`t exist, YET !

It`s just a happy coincidence that the chairman has decided to pull the Atlantic Express banner out again, let`s see what happens first ! Suppose the name is slightly more user friendly than Air Antique (sorry Atlantique) now that passengers are going to be booking tickets online !

Alt Static
18th Feb 2006, 16:01
The first ATP (G-BTPH) is in full working condition on the Italian route (Catania-Bari-Bologna) and has been since January 30th. The second aircraft is about 2 weeks from completion and will fly the Luton route.

http://www.atlanticairlines.co.uk/img/ATPsmall.jpg
G-BTPH at EGBE

Daysleeper
18th Feb 2006, 21:23
Who is the Catania-Bari-Bologne route for?

SM82
18th Feb 2006, 21:35
I Think its something to do with DHL

Alt Static
19th Feb 2006, 09:35
It's for TNT.

BerksFlyer
19th Feb 2006, 16:39
How many tu204s do atlantic airlines have?

GBALU53
12th Mar 2006, 07:15
Nice to see the ATP in operation.

Has there been a few tech problems with the ATP last week on the Channel Island run??

Last week on a number of occassions the mighty Electra has operated the sevice all be it a bit late, or is it a case of due weather in the Channel Islands there has been a back log of contracted freight so a bigger aircraft was required??:ok: :ok:

FougaMagister
12th Mar 2006, 07:45
The reason for Atlantic Airlines getting the ATPs in the first place (apart from the fact that they are quite cheap now) is that the Electra was oversized for some routes (15t capacity) and has had some reliability problems as of late. As good as they are, these planes are, after all, about 40 years old.

I only wish they would have gone for the ATR 42/72 freighter instead (but I'm being very partial here)!

Cheers :cool:

jethro15
12th Mar 2006, 14:49
How many tu204s do atlantic airlines have?
Currently leasing two
http://www.jethros.i12.com/fleets/fleet_listings/atlantic_airlines.htm

Alt Static
12th Mar 2006, 21:19
Pretty bad weather, but nothing to stop the ATP flying into the Channel Islands.

A few technical probs wth the ATP in the first week or two, so the Electra filled in to cover the route for a couple of days.

Heffer
14th Mar 2006, 17:10
The ATP has numerous unique attirbutes over the ATR making it more ideal for certain cargo operations. It also has low lease rates at this stage in its life cycle, ideal for low utilization routes.

Spiralling fuel prices will probably keep the ATR out of the freight market in the main for a few years to come whilst demand from the regionals outstrips supply, with lease rates to reflect.

Mogget
14th Mar 2006, 21:32
Do Atlantic Airlines planes ever fly to Manchester ?

FougaMagister
19th Mar 2006, 12:43
Heffer - while I agree with your analysis re. high fuel prices, you'll see that most ATPs are owned, NOT leased, by their operators. That's certainly the case with Atlantic Airlines.

Also, the ATR is even now a more common freighter than the ATP; with Air Contractors, Europe Airpost, Farnair Switzerland, Swiftair, West Air Sweden, Atlantic Air Transport (QC) etc. there are around 40 of them in Europe at the moment, while the ATP fleet is still limited to Emerald, Atlantic and West Air (Sweden/Lux), ie. 24 or so.

Cheers :cool:

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
19th Mar 2006, 15:25

Yes. Pax ATRs can be seen every couple of weeks subbing for BMI, Air Aeran etc.

There are also occasional Metro pax charters, and you might see the odd An-72 or Electra flight doing freight to Shannon and the like.

19th Mar 2006, 22:50

Atlantic Airlines only operate the Electra's, ATP (when they work) and the Antonov's/Tupelov's.

The bmi regional/Aer Arran operations out of Manchester referred to above is Air Atlantique.....

Airlines are nothing to do with Atlantique (anymore.........) - altho I'm not saying they have never operated out of Manchester - nothing on contract anyway.

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
24th Mar 2006, 00:10
Thought it was all one and the same anyway????

There is an AAG ATR heading up to fly around Scotland later today I've noticed - maybe training or something????

GBALU53
24th Mar 2006, 22:11
The ATR fleet are Air Atlantique of Coventry not Atlantic Airlines the AAG callsign belongs to Air Atlantique and NPT belong to Atlantic Airlines.

All clear now??

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
24th Mar 2006, 23:50
I know. Talking to both companies regularly means I am fully aware of the situation.

I was referring to Atlantique and Highland being very closely linked.

GBALU53
2nd Aug 2006, 14:46
An application to the CAA to operate five wet leased Fokker 27s of MNG Cargo is being applied for due late arrival of more ATPs.

Has a lot of the Emerald work been picked up an this is why they require aircraft now the wet lease is for one year at the moment???

Will some of these aircraft replace some of the leased aircraft operating at the moment I.E. Farnair ATR42 and some of the Odd Air Atlanique ATR42 flights a short notice???

The Luton-Guernsey-Jersey-Guernsey-Luton contract today is being operated by an Air Atlantique ATR42.

It looks like there is a short fall in the United Kingdom for aircraft around the five ton market and aircraft need to be brought in from a long way away.