PDA

View Full Version : Toronto IR Info

Soap Box Cowboy
25th Jan 2006, 19:40
Hi there was hoping if anyone could help me with some info.

I'm heading to Toronto in April and need to resit my INRAT and redo my flight test since I accidently let them laps :\

Was wondering if anyone could recomend a place I could go to to get a little prep for my written exam and a good place to get a twin to do the flight test.

Also I'm currently flying in Affrica and have a current IR here does anyone know if perhaps I can get away with just doing the flight test since I had a Canadian IR before and got a Current african one now :O

cplpilot
25th Jan 2006, 20:02
Toronto airways has good airplanes, one has GPS, RMI and HSI.
The instructors are good ans the price good.
Check www.torontoairways.com

moyo
21st Feb 2006, 15:41
I am in Toronto. I believe that if you have done the written in the past 2-3? years it is still valid (likely u havent). If not I suggest you take the aerocourse to get back up to skill if u need it. Usually a weekend course offered frequently in Toronto. Toronto airways or brampton would be your best bet or if you can commute to london they have some great instructors and seminoles at empire (cyxu).

doo
22nd Feb 2006, 13:58
If you hold a current ICAO IR then you can skip the exam provided you supply a copy of your last current flight test form a quick email to TC will verify, also a guy I know at work with a UK ATPL just did a ride in YYC with that documentation and when finished the DFTE sent him to the TC office to finish the paperwork.

Grizzly Bare
10th Mar 2006, 12:28
I've done it before.
As long as you are employed by a foreign company, and have completed an IFR renewal on a foreign licence in the past year, then you don't have to rewrite your Canadian exams etc, and your Canadian renewal is just treated as a normal renewal. I can't remeber what the legal reference is, but it's ther in the airlaw (and you have to note the legal reference on your forms where it asks for reasons for deviations from the standard procedures). Transport Canada are very understanding like that! Sensible rules.