PDA

View Full Version : Flying in a non CRM environment

Capt. Manuvar
24th Jan 2006, 17:18
What advice do you have for pilots flying in a non CRM environment. I mean companies were there are no set procedures e.g every captain has his/her own SOP, FOs are forced to memorise each captains procedures. These companies are very common outside the western world and some exist in the west.

blck
24th Jan 2006, 17:29
What advice do you have for pilots flying in a non CRM environment. I mean companies were there are no set procedures e.g every captain has his/her own SOP, FOs are forced to memorise each captains procedures. These companies are very common outside the western world and some exist in the west.

Some aircrafts (as well as operators who has this planes) like TU-154 are intended to fly in such environment, as the crew is 4 and they just have lot of common training and the crew is about to all the time is the same: no member could be changed, or at least it is done very rare.

Clandestino
24th Jan 2006, 18:01
Advice? Try very hard not to get killed while working your way out of wherever you are. If you cannot get out and one day become capt. in non-CRM airline, remember your F/O years and go easy on your F/Os.
C'mon, whenever there are aviation insurers involved, CRM is order of the day - I find it hard to believe there are some private operating procedures utilizing airlines still alive in developed world.

jonny dangerous
29th Jan 2006, 12:32
Manuvar, even in the CRM world, you still end up learning each Captain's needs, dislikes, and err, enhancements to the SOPs.

Like buddy said above though, get out of where you are quick as you can. That type of enviroment will not develop the skill set most companies will be looking for.

Cheers