PDA

View Full Version : Beech 1900 Facts and figures

nathanv
22nd Jan 2006, 03:13
I'm a relatively new 1900 co-pilot and I have a few questions which I need help with if anyone out there can answer:
1) 1900D MTOW - according to my training manual is 16950lbs (MRW 17060lbs) but according to company W&B forms and raytheon website 17120lbs (MRW 12230lbs). Was there some kind of increase in allowable weight, and if so when and why?
2) 1900C MZFW - again according to manual 14000lb but W&B and website say 15000lbs, same question.
3) 1900D - I believe is certified under FAR 23, is this also true for 1900C and is FAR 23 and JAR 23 certification equivalent?
Thanks for any possible help
Nathanv :ok:

Cardinal
22nd Jan 2006, 03:49
1900D:

Present MTOW is 17120, MRW 17230. These were upped about 3-4 years ago with a paperwork change. Why? People are getting fatter, I suppose. They airplane had the structural margin to do it already built in, the just validated preformance numbers for the new weight.

Present MZFW is 15700 as of maybe 10 months ago, also with a paperwork change. After the Air Midwest accident in CLT standard passenger weights going from 170 to near 200 in much of the United States. There was a very wide gap between the old MZFW of 15165 and the new MTOW of 17120, compounded by the std. weight increase,. Our airline was faced with winter weights of 208 (!) per passenger, which meant you could take maybe 17 people, 17 bags, and you'd already reached your MZFW. Our passenger weights have been rationalized since then, baggage weights have increased, and CG limits have been narrowed, which means that we are now CG critical before being limited by MTOW on most flights. At least I could figure a max weight payload with my calculator - c. of g. is difficult to plot without a whizwheel! It's always something. :)

D-model is certified to Part 23, Amendment 34 standards.

I'm afraid I can't help with any C-model questions. But I do have one: How do you not give yourself a lobotomy every time you go up the stairs in the beloved UCs?

nathanv
29th Jan 2006, 22:41
Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated, just wondering if your company received updates for POH's after these changes as ours still reflect the old numbers.

Worst thing about the C's is checking cabin (seatbelts etc.) and having to turn around in the aisle without putting your arse in somebodys face!!!!!

Cheers
Nathan

Cardinal
2nd Feb 2006, 01:25
I don't think Raytheon gives anything away for free. I imagine my company had to request/pay for the paperwork changes.