PDA

View Full Version : Mod's : What happened to the [CODE] function ?

Gunship
21st Jan 2006, 11:44
:{ :{ :{ I miss the [CODE] Function ...

What happened boys and gals ?

TX

Gunsssssss

BOAC
21st Jan 2006, 11:49
Memories fade fast, GS- what exactly did that function do?

Gunship
21st Jan 2006, 11:53
Memories fade fast, GS- what exactly did that function do?

It sort of " freezes" anything that you want to quote on ... worked great on cricket scores for instances or tables ..

Look HERE (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=134535&page=92) it was still succesfully used.

Tx Gunsss

BOAC
21st Jan 2006, 12:13
Well - never saw/used that one! I'll have a look in the Owner' Handbook' to see.

Gunship
21st Jan 2006, 15:40
Well - never saw/used that one! I'll have a look in the Owner' Handbook' to see.

Tx BOAC.

It is a "nice to have". We used to have a little icon for it as well - which dissapeared now ?

Here is what the handbook say BOAC (sorry been a moderator as well for many years - find it very usefull)

Cheers and thanks

Gunss

PS: I am travelling from Sunny SA to London and TIP - so only online again Tuesday !

Code
The tag switches to a fixed-width (monospace) font and preseves all spacing.
Usage [code]value
Example Usage
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
alert("Hello world!");
//-->
</script>

Example Output <script type="text/javascript">
<!--
alert("Hello world!");
//-->
</script>

LINK IS HERE... (http://www.pprune.org/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode#code)

BOAC
21st Jan 2006, 16:18
Well - I've just been on the dark side! :eek: I do not think the code fn is enabled, any more than the html. Sorry!

Safe trip.

Gunship
21st Jan 2006, 16:20
Well - I've just been on the dark side! :eek: I do not think the code fn is enabled, any more than the html. Sorry!

Safe trip.

I promise you it was for the 8 years or so I have been on PPRUNE BOAC.

Look at my example - I did a CODE last week. It stopped working a day or two aga Sir.

Cheers

Gunsss

BOAC
21st Jan 2006, 16:29
AFAIK, the vb list shows whether the function is enabled by the 'output' example, and both html and coder appear dead now. I can only assume that the 'keepers of the master switches' have deselected the option since you used it. There has been much tweaking in dark places since 1/1. :) Suggest you try an email to admin to ask for it back?

Gunship
21st Jan 2006, 16:39
AFAIK, the vb list shows whether the function is enabled by the 'output' example, and both html and coder appear dead now. I can only assume that the 'keepers of the master switches' have deselected the option since you used it. There has been much tweaking in dark places since 1/1. :) Suggest you try an email to admin to ask for it back?

I still used it HERE (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2326736&postcount=1831)on 16 Jan 06.

I posted the this here in the hope they will answer me.

No problems mate - thanks for the help - let''s see if they pick it up after the weekend has gone.

Cheers again

Gunss