View Full Version : Caa Flight Safety Evening

HGFC1
19th Jan 2006, 17:18
CAA Flight Safety Evening
Monday 6th February 2006
Bobbington Village Hall
19:30 until approximately 22:15 hours
Free Admission
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
Could those hoping to attend please let The Flight Centre know in order to give an idea of probable numbers. Telephone: 01384 221456
or email: [email protected]
BRL, would it be possible to make this a sticky as it is an important event?

Engine overtemp
19th Jan 2006, 17:35
HGFC your enthusuiasm for this event cannot be denied however if you check here http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?categoryid=224&pagetype=69 you will see that if poor old BRL makes all Safety Evenings "stickies" then there would be no room for any other threads!

DaveW
19th Jan 2006, 18:22
Then again Engine OT, your link helps narrow down where Bobbington Village might be :D

BRL
19th Jan 2006, 20:13
Ahh but no one has asked yet. As it happens I will allow this one up for a while, ask and you shall recieve and all that!!!

HGFC1
20th Jan 2006, 08:54
Thank you very much BRL it is much appreciated. :ok:

HGFC1
20th Jan 2006, 22:37
Dave W, sorry about that. I hope this http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=380500&y=290500&z=5&sv=380500,290500&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&dn=837&ax=380500&ay=290500 will be of help to you. It's about one mile away from EGBO - Wolverhampton Airport.

BRL
27th Jan 2006, 18:07
Unstuck this evening, pulling a handfull of views a day now, viewings slowed right down to a few per day.

(B.T.T.T.)

javelin
29th Jan 2006, 01:52
Guys,

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much - the last one I attended was such a carrot and stick excercise as to be laughable - The Ministry at its worst :\

Genghis the Engineer
29th Jan 2006, 07:56
Guys,
I wouldn't get your hopes up too much - the last one I attended was such a carrot and stick excercise as to be laughable - The Ministry at its worst :\
A subject much discussed over the last year or two on this and other bulletin boards.

I used to make a habit of attending one every 18 months or so, but I confess I can't see myself going to one this year. If GASCo or PFA was orgainsing something locally however, I'd certainly go to that.

G

IO540
29th Jan 2006, 08:29
The one I went to was obviously aimed at very low currency pilots, full of really patronising stuff.

Mention "GPS" and you get hissing not only from the presenter (unsuprising; he looks like an ex RAF navigator) but also from much of the audience. I think a lot of them follow him around from venue to venue, getting their logbooks stamped at each one to show they have been good boys and paying attention to SAFETY.

Sorry to be negative but IMV it's a huge missed opportunity.

AerBabe
29th Jan 2006, 16:01
The one I attended at Andrewsfield last year was very good. The presenter was open-minded with a good sense of humour.

There's one at North Weald in March, if anyone's interested.

3PARA
1st Feb 2006, 22:24
Most interesting one I attended several years ago was when the CAA chief medical officer stood up to give a presentation & a PPL in the front row had a fit. Surrender licence, do not pass go, oh & while You're at it we'd better have Your driving licence too :uhoh:

Talkdownman
1st Feb 2006, 22:49
Good one tonight at Lasham. Glider pilots heckle nowhere near as much as power pilots.........
A great improvement over the last one I went to in March 04. I thought that the airspace and ATS presentation was particularly effective. Don't forget to take your logbooks for an attendance endorsement.

javelin
2nd Feb 2006, 21:21
Glider pilots do it going down !

HGFC1
9th Feb 2006, 23:22
It was a good evening, so thank you to all who attended :ok:At least one PPRuNer won a very useful prize. Thanks too to BRL for making it a sticky.

navy atco
14th Feb 2006, 13:32
The one I went to was obviously aimed at very low currency pilots, full of really patronising stuff.
Mention "GPS" and you get hissing not only from the presenter (unsuprising; he looks like an ex RAF navigator) but also from much of the audience. I think a lot of them follow him around from venue to venue, getting their logbooks stamped at each one to show they have been good boys and paying attention to SAFETY.
Sorry to be negative but IMV it's a huge missed opportunity.

All well and good being negative, but a bit of balance please! What in your view should be covered in the CAA safety evenings?