PDA

View Full Version : OLYMPIC, Will there be a strike on the 5th of April?

quickturnaround
28th Mar 2002, 00:15
Everybody knows that OLYMPIC is not doing very well. A Government scheme to cut flights in order to avoid immediate bankruptcy can count on opposition by virtually every union involved.. .Will there be a strike on the 5th of April??. .I really hope OA does not follow one of its ancestors, the ill faited Icarus!. .. .YIA SAS

GreekPilot747
1st Apr 2002, 04:21
:cool:
Well I do not know, if there will be a strike, but some unions of Olympic Aviation have threatened to take some action.
OAV has 3 B717 that were based in SKG. The crews never agreed to move there, so except for some local cabincrew,they were mainly from Athens,staying in a hotel and making an extra buck on allowances.
Now OA has to get rid of the noisy B737-200 and has no money to replace them. Management now decided the B717 were good to fill the gap, and ordered them back to Athens.Since there are 11 B737-200 to go, and only 3 B717, not all of the flights can be operated. Cutbacks for both Athens and Thessaloniki were decided. People seeing a loss of income, now are lobbying at the SKG authorities!Taking advantage of a long ongoing rivalry between Athens and Greece´s second largest city SKG, they are trying to convince the public there, that SKG is not treated fair again.
All I would like to see is a quick solution. I had to cancel my last trip to Greece, because OA employees had announced a strike for the planned day of my return. This is not an airline for me to rely on, until they sort this out.

dedalos01
1st Apr 2002, 11:00
We do not give a euro what that group of incompetent people (managers and.........) do.
There is no case here boys, land to the real world.

:p :p

Pay time.

GreekDrv
1st Apr 2002, 11:33
Now what kind of a post is that?
Somebody telling us there are incompetent people involved in OA management, and that "they" do not give a euro about what they do. Then you tell us that there is no story, and to land in the real world.
I mean we could have a discussion about who is not living in the real world here!
At least I have read in the press, that there is going to be some kind of industrial action. If you have more information on that, and can definitely say, that there will be no flight disruptions, please let us know! I would be more than happy ,to be able to fly on OA again,not having to fear any delays due to strikes.

dedalos01
4th Apr 2002, 14:36
What is there more to discuss about a diving Pegasus in a tail spin. That company had the potential to serve the country well long time ago, not any more.
I am sorry Greekdrv this is the truth and it is almost impossible for things to change.
Next time try a different carrier (Aegean) maybe and come back and tell us what do you think.
:cool: :cool: