PDA

View Full Version : CF6 Reduced Climb Thrust???

b747heavy
11th Jan 2006, 08:42
Does anyone know of references made to the use of reduced climb thrust for the CF6-50E2? I know that such information is available for the JT9D, however I have not yet been able to come up with CF6 data.

Thought I would try here first with the hope of another company having implemented a procedure where I can reference the source document, if no luck, then off to GE I go...many thanks for your comments.

Heavy...
:ok:

mutt
11th Jan 2006, 11:08
I dont really understand what you are asking for, would you care to explain..

Mutt

Intruder
11th Jan 2006, 14:46
Climb thrust tables are in the Performance Handbook. If the airplane (747) is equipped with FFRATS (Full Flight Regime Autothrust System), the appropriate N1 is set when FFRATS is changed from TOD (TakeOff Dry) to Climb.

b747heavy
11th Jan 2006, 15:07
Take for example a JT9D...on calling for climb thrust, there is a procedure whereby you may use a reduced climb thrust setting thereby not being so hard on the engines. Example: Initial Climb thrust is 1.40 EPR however, you may reduce this by 0.06 EPR to 1.34. When passing say 25,000' or the climb rate reduces to 1000 fpm (example), the reduction is lessened to 0.02 EPR and finally, you will require max climb thrust for the remainder of the climb. Use of max climb thrust may be used throughout the climb if you have vertical requirements to meet on the departure?

This serves several purposes such as fuel saving and engine wear and tear. This is to the best of my knowledge an approved procedure by P&W, however I have not come across one for the CF6?