PDA

View Full Version : Next batch of AC newhires

yahntzeid
7th Jan 2006, 22:50
Does anybody have any info on what groundschool dates may come available to those who are successful in interviewing next week?

Canadian Beech
8th Jan 2006, 04:55
Heard the Groundschools are booked up til sometime in Feb...

Call Me Lightning
30th Jan 2006, 21:19
I just got the call for the interview today. Can anybody point me in the direction of what to study for the interview? Sorry if this has been discussed to death, but I only just registered here and though I did a search, I didn't turn anything up.

Thanks

Lost in Saigon
30th Jan 2006, 22:50
Try this forum....
http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewforum.php?f=31&sid=68ff487df2c0ea45a2c74ef4c012828a

TUSH
31st Jan 2006, 18:24
Lightning
Congrats on the call and good luck with the interview. Just wondering what kind of background you have..
Thanks in advance

BartBandy
1st Feb 2006, 01:22
Good luck.
Did one last week. There is really nothing you can study for. Just have a story ready for them, and be yourself. I was asked nothing technical at all. Interview lasted about an hour. As far as the cog and psych tests, you cant' study for them, so just relax, and do the best you can.

Call Me Lightning
1st Feb 2006, 10:32
Thanks Bart,
Was there any arithmetic on the tests. I did some tests for a European carrier a few years back and was surprised to see how rusty my math was. Also, does anybody know if there is a sim detail involved? If so, does anyone know what kind of simulator they are using?
Tush, I am left seat on a regional jet here in Europe. I started out in Canada and did some instructing and a bit of corporate. I have three years post secondary and a good working knowledge of French. 4500TT 2500 jet and 1000 PIC jet.

Best of luck to all,

CML

BartBandy
1st Feb 2006, 16:39
nope, no math at all. the closest you would get to that is on the cog screen, and that is mostly memory and multi task stuff.
Oh, and no sim either.

Neophyte
2nd Feb 2006, 01:08
Can any of the current AC folks out there tell me how the "experience" of the new hires is looking these days?

From the above posts it seems they are still finding lots of people with plenty of jet experience. Are they many candidates getting on with the same types of time, but turboprop???

Thanks,

neo

Idiagbon
2nd Feb 2006, 02:23
Does anybody have any info on what groundschool dates may come available to those who are successful in interviewing next week?

Sorry Don't know yet.