PDA

View Full Version : New VS Routes

Doodles
25th Jul 2001, 16:05
I see VS are applying for Madras & Culcutta routes. Any ideas which a/c type would be used?

Harvey SM
25th Jul 2001, 20:18
Probably 747-200 like on the Delhi route, mind you if the take off performance is anything like Delhi.... lets hope they use the Rollers and not the Pratts!

Ex Servant
26th Jul 2001, 00:37
I'd have thought the Air Atlanta 747's were ideally suited for these routes.

Denzil
26th Jul 2001, 01:16
JT9 powered aircraft are a thing of the past, only two left. As for our Icelandic friends that SHOULD also be a thing of the past :mad:these routes should be flown by vs a/c with vs crews!!!

FREDA
26th Jul 2001, 21:47
Denzil, that's a pretty negative attitude. Have you ever seen the state of the B744 that BA employ on their LOS route? It's pretty nasty.

By wet-leasing Virgin are not just using a pretty cost-effective way of trying a route but also sparing their crews a whole lot of unpleasantness. :eek:

Denzil
27th Jul 2001, 09:35
As a short term fix it is ok. In the long term all the crew/support staff of that aircraft are taking jobs that should be UK employees of VS, you think that is negative, I would say it is self preservation! :(

Fumble
27th Jul 2001, 13:41
Denzil - more a case of finding VS crews and downroute staff that WANT to operate Lagos.

Denzil
27th Jul 2001, 15:49
Yeh Fumbles I see what you are saying. The downroute infrastructure is in place regardless of who operates the aircraft and it is only a matter of time before a VS aircraft/crew is used. :eek:

crewrest
27th Jul 2001, 17:32
I can't help thinking it is going to be hard work for Virgin out there. I hope there is a bribe/theft proof system out there so they are are not stuffed as soon as they start the route.

You get the feeling alot of duty-free/booze/cabin furniture is going to go missing very soon, or am I just being unfair?

antonovman
27th Jul 2001, 22:49
i just hope the crew are not going to be staying at the so called "hilton" in LOS
it'd make old Conrad turn over in his grave if he could see that dump
they used to have a sign above the door stating "your home away from home"
is it still there or has it finally crumbled to the ground ?

GlueBall
29th Jul 2001, 01:31
It has been said that if you taxi too slow at night at LOS that you could get a belly door light. :eek:

tired
29th Jul 2001, 01:53
Denzil, thanks for your loyalty to the company and all that but seeing as you're going to be sleeping in your own bed at night while some of your colleagues are spending nights in that flea-infested pit maybe you should wind your neck in. :(

Denzil
29th Jul 2001, 22:34
Spot the A340 pilot :p My loyalty is with my country and fellow workers not just the company :eek: By the way who do you think will be doing the transit checks out there :rolleyes: