PDA

View Full Version : Candian Air Carrier Contacts

Spenda
4th Jan 2006, 09:00
Dear All,

I have recently renewed my Canadian ATPL and am looking to return to Canada from the UK where I have been flying for the past six years. Could anybody please provide me with the names of the Chief Pilot, or most appropriate person to address my resume to, for the following carriers:

Canadian North
Can Jet
Harmony Airways
Skyservice Airlines
Zoom

I have 4500 TT with 2500 Turbine and 1000 jet PIC. I also have 2 years post secondary education and a good knowledge of french. Any assistance is most appreciated. Thanks very much.

grippen
4th Jan 2006, 12:41
www.pilotcareercentre.com

Spenda
4th Jan 2006, 21:12
Thanks Grippen,

I guess it must be a long time since I've been looking for work. I didn't even know the site existed. There is lots of great information on there. Thanks for your help.

Spenda

snow bear
4th Jan 2006, 22:23
If you have been out of the county and have not kept your IFR and medical current your biggest problem returning will be getting a "Red Tag".

The Security folks are requiring significantly more info than ever before issuing an airport pass. I know an individual with excellent credentials who has been lost in the system for a year trying to prove his out of country situation.

Many companies are touchy about applicants having a restricted airport pass before even getting an interview.

in limbo
4th Jan 2006, 22:43
My understanding of the situation is this.
You must be able to account for your where abouts while away from Canada.
All the time away means all the time and it will have to be able to be verifyied also a form from the local police stating that you have been a good boy and stayed out of trouble. Some countries are easier to get this info from then others.

tsgas
5th Jan 2006, 12:22
Be prepared to take quite a hair cut. You'll quickly discover Canadian pilots are not very well paid.

Spenda
20th Jan 2006, 10:06
Thanks for all the information everybody. I've still drawn a blank as far as finding out who to send my resume to at Zoom. Can anyone out there tell me the name of the Chief Pilot? Thanks very much.
Thanks too for the info about the security pass. I have a pretty good paper trail to fall back on as I am somewhat of a pack rat. Luckily too I am still in touch with people who can vouch for the time I spent here before I started flying.
Thanks again.

spencer101
20th Jan 2006, 17:52
Zooms chief is Paul Baldasaro. They like internal references if possible.

Spenda
23rd Jan 2006, 20:55
Thanks Spencer 101. I don't know anyone on the inside, but I'll do my best. Thanks again.