PDA

View Full Version : Unit posting

261A
1st Jan 2006, 20:24
Where did you want to be posted and did you choose area or aerodrome?

Brian81
1st Jan 2006, 20:40
I chose aerodrome, I got area.

I wanted to go to Stanstead or Luton, I got chopped.

I'm now at a non-state airfield and loving every minute of it.

I'm not bitter, I'm empowered.

'nuff said.

Traaaaaaaaa:ok:

*Happy new year too.

mr.777
1st Jan 2006, 21:38
Wanted aerodrome badly,didnt get it,posted to TC to do KK approach (still training)...and would not swap radar for anything...its the dogs! (IMHO:D )

Gonzo
1st Jan 2006, 21:41
Chose Aerodrome, got it, and then Heathrow Tower, got posted there.

Would not want to do anything else. Well, maybe the ideal would be for Heathrow Approach to move back over to the tower :E

Jerricho
1st Jan 2006, 21:52
Like my mate Gonze, wanted Approach, got it and posted to TC Heathrow.

You could say I'm his dark side..........without the red hair and waistcoats :p

Gonzo
2nd Jan 2006, 08:19
I've not got a lot of that hair left nowadays, Jer!:{ :{ :{

Phantom99
2nd Jan 2006, 10:19
I really wanted an airport, but the likelihood of being posted to TC Approach was v.high (as subsequently happened), so decided to stay near the sea and request Swanwick...just started live training.

5milesbaby
2nd Jan 2006, 10:28
Never needed to think about which to do as found out before starting that it was an Area only course and that all of us would go to West Drayton. I ended up in AC and now Swanwick and I wouldn't change any of it.

GT3
2nd Jan 2006, 13:11
Wanted Heathrow Tower from day one. Got it and have never looked back.

mickrobbo
2nd Jan 2006, 17:10
Wanted aerodrome from day 1, wanted Heathrow Tower from day 1, got them both........woo and indeed hoo!!!!

still training, and loving it....:ok:

Northerner
2nd Jan 2006, 18:17
I wanted an aerodrome/approach job.... I'm an area controller. D'oh!

So I thought, well never mind, I'll put in for a posting to Manchester.

Which I guess is why I'm at West Drayton!!!

But I still love it, and I work with fantastic people, and I don't think I'd change it....... but it would be nice to see planes rather than little green dots all the time.

:\

:ok:

Cheers,
N

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to..."

rodan
2nd Jan 2006, 20:21
I wanted area, got it.
I wanted a posting to a particular ACC, got it.
I failed Area 2, and ended up at a regional airport 'somewhere in England'.

So I ended up pretty far away from what I wanted. The great thing is, though, I've loved every minute of it all the same, so don't worry about it too much. :ok:

Loki
2nd Jan 2006, 20:24
I was having a quiet beer in the mess at a Jatcru (ask another oldie) where I was finishing my cadetship, when a senior manager from Scottish division (another long lost term) approached me and asked what my reaction to being posted to EG** would be. Being a keen type, I said that I`d be delighted.

I got posted there the following week.

ex-EGLL
2nd Jan 2006, 23:54
Wanted Heathrow, got Aberdeen:mad: so volunteered for Belfast (mid 70's ) did my three years, made a small fortune and then got Heathrow.

ex-egll

Standard Noise
3rd Jan 2006, 15:34
Thought I was going to be Area, then by a strange quirk of fate, got an approach course and was sent to TC/KK App. Made a pig's arse of it and ended up 10 years non state and very happy with it. Recently been dragged kicking and screaming back into the asylum. Still can't have everything, can you?:{

fly bhoy
3rd Jan 2006, 18:12
Now truthfully...did we really have a choice?!?:)

I stated a preference for aerodrome/approach, was successful and posted to Hounslow International. Didn't do the approach rating though, which is a whole different story (eh Gonzo?!?;) ) but managed to validate and still loving it!!:O

FB:ok:

GT3
3rd Jan 2006, 19:06
You had the choice if you were good enough........

fat'n'grey
6th Jan 2006, 09:25
Chose Seychelles, got Doha. :{
Oh dear!

blondie118
9th Jan 2006, 19:53
I wanted an airport.
The college told me I regarding radar that I couldn't vector and my spacing was terrible.
I'm now an Essex controller at TC!:}

250 kts
9th Jan 2006, 20:06
I guess that explains all of the extended holding at ABBOT and LOREL then.;) :D :D :O

Warped Factor
9th Jan 2006, 21:52
Manchester, Glasgow or Edinburgh and nowhere south of Birmingham was my request.

Fairly obvious then, off to Heathrow I was sent :rolleyes:

radar707
9th Jan 2006, 22:51
Wanted Glasgow, got Glasgow, been happy ever since

blondie118
10th Jan 2006, 15:15
LOREL and ABBOT, what are they!!!:}