View Full Version : CAL F/O reuirement?

flycold
28th Dec 2005, 16:16
Is there any CAL pilot?

I would like to know competitive requirement for CAL 737NG

expat F/O. Thank you!

pilot738
1st Jan 2006, 21:02
ICAO ATPL, with jet experience in transport catagory aircrafts. not sure about time requirements. My guess is min. 1500
good luck!!!

mjbow2
4th Jan 2006, 14:26
Just today, heard of a piston driver with no turbine time got the call for CAL on the long haul. Not a rumour... how strict are they really on experience requirements?

MJB

Shaikh N Hoque
4th Jan 2006, 15:55
Is there any CAL pilot?

I would like to know competitive requirement for CAL 737NG

expat F/O. Thank you!

Which one is CAL Airline?

Robssupra
5th Jan 2006, 02:12
CHINA AIRLINES ( Taiwan )

Stereolab
5th Jan 2006, 13:08
Just today, heard of a piston driver with no turbine time got the call for CAL on the long haul. Not a rumour... how strict are they really on experience requirements?
MJB

I filled out the loooooooooooooong CAL online application last year after my furlough...my times were 3000tt w/ 2000 hrs in regional jets...I haven't heard a peep since. Did the same thing for EVA and Singapore as well...my take is that they don't like regional jet guys...because I know several other people in the same situation.

jajyay
5th Jan 2006, 16:23
Regarding experience I don´t know for piston, but for sure only turboprop yes, cause when I was in Taipei for test, I met a few ex Crossair flying Saab. I think it was a special case though. cause they did their SIM test on their own Saab in Switzerland

Kenny
5th Jan 2006, 21:34
I filled out the loooooooooooooong CAL online application last year after my furlough...my times were 3000tt w/ 2000 hrs in regional jets...I haven't heard a peep since. Did the same thing for EVA and Singapore as well...my take is that they don't like regional jet guys...because I know several other people in the same situation.

Not sure about that I got a call about a month after I filled out the online app. Flying for a US Regional, J41 and CRJ time. I think it has more to do with whether they need people when you apply and right now they do.

mjbow2
5th Jan 2006, 22:50
Curiously Stereo.... are you an ex ACA /Flyi CRJ driver?

Stereolab
8th Jan 2006, 16:28
Curiously Stereo.... are you an ex ACA /Flyi CRJ driver?

Yep...now I'm over at CHQ now on the E170. I was over at IAD last week to say goodbye to all the CA's I used to fly with. You should hear the frequency now on Potomac Approach and Washington Center...it's dead.

Folks don't appreciate how big ACA/Indy was in it's heyday.

Long live Blueridgers!!!