PDA

View Full Version : Job's for newly rated FI's

BongleBear
23rd Dec 2005, 20:05
Hi all, just wondering how tricky it is to find your first job as an instructor. Also, does anyone know of anywhere that might be a good place to start? I would love to fly from Redhill, but that's purely due to location. Any ideas where might be recruiting?

Thanks, have a good christmas!

BBear

Radar35
7th Jan 2006, 09:36
I know the UAE's Fujairah Aviation Centre soon to be re-branded requires Instructors of varying experience levels, training JAA CPL/ATPL. Means re-locating to the Middle East but might be something to consider!

Dude~
7th Jan 2006, 14:47
This probably isn't the answer you want to hear, but most people seem to get jobs in aviation thorugh being in the right place at the right time, with a healthy dose of luck thrown in. Certainly that's the way it was for myself and some people I know. A couple of weeks into my training I was offered 2 instructing positions. They both came from recommendations from people I had flown/trained with during the last few months.

A good place to start might be to speak to all the places you would like to work and find out if there are any positions likely to come up and work outwards from there. Try to network and you should soon find yourself 'hearing' about vacancies as they arise.

TurboJ
7th Jan 2006, 19:53
Sorry to state the obvious, but have you been to Redhill and knocked on the door of all the flight schools and asked them if they need any FIs ??
Biggin Hill is also ten minutes away as the crow flies; plenty of flight schools that may need instructors as the Spring / Summer season starts.
TJ

18greens
7th Jan 2006, 22:26
Go to every school, knock on the door, talk to the CFI. Keep popping back every month or so you will eventually hit paydirt.

Most are very receptive. They all know they will churn their instructors rapidly and they always need more (at some time). Occasionally you get the brush off but thats just short sighted on the schools behalf.

I knocked three schools recently all of whom offered me a job. A certain Hertford school advertised in Flight recently. Jobs are out there.

Cambridge Aero Club
11th Jan 2006, 08:49
...Have you tried Cambridge Aero Club? www.cambridgeaeroclub.com

jidder
11th Jan 2006, 22:05
Rumour has it there is a well paid job at Cumbernauld Airport,Glasgow.

CAT3C AUTOLAND
16th Jan 2006, 14:41
BB,

I got my first job through the school I trained with, which I am very grateful for.

Just a word about Redhill, great for the summer, but in winter the runways tend to get water logged, and it can get quite depressing being grounded!

All the best.

A and C
18th Jan 2006, 06:50
P.M. me I might just have something for you!

Gugnunc
18th Jan 2006, 20:41
Rumour has it there is a well paid job at Cumbernauld Airport,Glasgow.

Does that mean £8000pa as opposed to £7000pa? Or should I stop being a cynic and believe that the era of reasonably paid FI's is upon us?

Say again s l o w l y
18th Jan 2006, 21:16
Probably closer to 16-18K I would have thought. But it's not us!

jidder
19th Jan 2006, 08:22
:)

Gugnunc, If you PM me i will let you know where and how much!

:ok:

Hairy Chest
19th Jan 2006, 12:22
PM me ...i have some info on FTOs in Aisa

Cambridge Aero Club
21st Jan 2006, 22:36
Cambridge Aero Club are offering a full time salaried FI position...

Between 15-20K depending on experience.

Benefits include:
Bonding for additional training
Pension scheme with Marshall Aerospace
Cheap Cars from the Motor Group for employees
Lots of assistance
Cheap access to yhe aircraft of course!
Plus lots of other things.

3 years ago we'd have been killed in the rush, alas not these days...

BongleBear
22nd Jan 2006, 19:02
Thanks alot for all the replys, all very much appreciated! If anyone could add any FTO's to the list that might be recruiting I'd be really grateful. If you do know of any FTO's could you please PM me?
Thanks again,
BBear

fenfly01
3rd Feb 2006, 14:02
Hi y'all,
It is always worth keeping your face or cv fresh at lots of schools as their staffing can change quickly if an airline job comes up, and so they may be looking for new instructing staff. Despite what many think, there are airline jobs out there and instructors do get them.
I am CFI/owner of my school and am very busy. I always looking out for more instructors, our bookings are full into March!
I look for personality/team work in my staff, and am pleased to work with new FI (R) provided they can fly with Mrs Smith who is quiet, slower than average and 60 yrs - and then fly with young Tommy who is 17, co ordinated and going to be a fast jet pilot standard - and all students in between.
I read all CVs, so if you are inclined, please send one to me as a P M.
Happy job hunting,
:D