View Full Version : b727 LANDING GEAR 'WINDOW"?

captain cumulonimbus
17th Dec 2005, 13:07
Hi everyone.

I'm curious to find out if all boeings (and other types) have the 'landing gear window' that one sees when under the wheel well of a 727,looking upwards one can see inside the cabin so i presume it is designed to check from inside if the mlg is out if there is confusion.

interesting discovery but is this standard on all boeings,like the 737 and 757? i saw 3 examples on the ramp,all 727s and they all had this window.

thanks.

Continuous Ignition
17th Dec 2005, 16:28
The B737NG's have an additional sensor located on the LG to give a backup indication of gear position. Its been a long time but I think the Boeing narrowbody freighters have a similar setup.

Look for some cockpit pics of the 737NG's overheads and you'll likely spot the Alt gear indicators.

SpamCanDriver
17th Dec 2005, 17:04
I used to fly the 737-300 and that had the same kind of inspection windows. One in the cockpit for the nose gear and one in the cabin with a kind of prism mirror so you could see both sets of main gear. The one in the cabin was under the carpet just forward of the overwing exits on the left hand side of the aisle (normally you can spot it by looking for a square bit of carpet that you lift up to get at the window). As far as i know the 400 and 500 are the same. I now fly the 737-800 and as was said before this has another set of gear lights on the rear overhead panel so no need for the windows

catchup
17th Dec 2005, 18:13
These viewers in the Cabin of a 727 are very dangerous.......

bafanguy
17th Dec 2005, 18:29
catchup,

"...very dangerous..." ? How so ?

vapilot2004
17th Dec 2005, 22:01

Please Catchup, share that one with the rest of us :)

Old Smokey
18th Dec 2005, 00:15
Whilst the mystery remains for the rest of we mere mortals, perhaps it's that the B727 was built in the pre-Politically Correct era. Now we can't have pilots doing walk-rounds distracted by looking up ladies' dresses in the cabin can we, very dangerous indeed.:uhoh:

Regards,

Old Smokey