PDA

View Full Version : SAS sacking 300 pilots

ryr737
16th Dec 2005, 16:25
According to the Scandinavian press, SAS is planning on making 300 pilots redundant.
Sorry to hear guys - guess Jørgen Lindegård is unable to turn his airline around.

Payscale
16th Dec 2005, 17:29
Dont think it was his intention to do so.
Rather split it up in smaller independant fractions, that he can play againt eachother.
Seems to be working too....Agenda 2000 again.
How many airlines are now under the SAS Group?....

Ramrise
17th Dec 2005, 05:19
My best guess:

NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

We are in the middle of contract negotiations. I would be surprised if the company didn't make such statements during such times.

Regards,

Ramrise

ryr737
17th Dec 2005, 08:54
How come that all the ”other” airlines in Europe are making money, except for Alitalia and Olympic. Is it a fact that the ”old” method does not work any more.

Flathatter
17th Dec 2005, 10:53
SAS is history.
JL is the new Lorenzo, and he loves it.

411A
17th Dec 2005, 13:47
Hmmm,

IF you are old enough to remember when Lorenzo took control of Continental, and further were able to face the facts then as they were unfolding, one would undoubtedly be aware that Lorenzo pulled CO's bacon out of the fire at the time, as UAL were eating 'em for lunch on their two most profitable routes.
CO wouldn't have lasted a year had not Lorenzo did the necessary.
Hey, even the striking ALPA pilots that went back are now right and properly back in the ALPA fold once again.:zzz:

Shagtastic
17th Dec 2005, 14:34
ryr737,

The 'other' airlines making money are the ones who passed on cost items such as training onto their pilots, reduced terms and conditions, roster crews to work to the legal limits regardless of health and welfare and operate with minimum staff levels.

Hopefully there maybe some exceptions to this so if you know of any let us know OK! I'll send my CV straight away.

Shags

artha
17th Dec 2005, 19:32
:sad:

I still rely on local CAA, who are making sure that everything is going on the way the local major aircarrier wants it to go.

:mad:

Dualcouple
17th Dec 2005, 21:37
I still rely on local CAA, who are making sure that everything is going on the way the local major aircarrier wants it to go.

Huh? Care to elaborate?

Good luck to all SAS group pilots, sincerely.

SE210
18th Dec 2005, 15:13
Lindegård is the new Lorenzo, in my opinion. He is just slightly different. Lorenzo is a pretty straight forward bastard, whereas Lindegård is a wulf in sheeps clothing.

My guess is, that nobody will be laid off during the next months, since the company is negotiating with the pilot unions (as well as other groups)

As the plan is to downsize the airline anyways, the lay offs will come in May/June in a period, where most guys are reliefed nothing happened earlier in the year, and where actions against the company would be illegal.

It is a smart management, that challenging whatever deal, they make.

A terror regime, not unlike the situation under Lorenzo.

Brgds

SE210

SOPS
18th Dec 2005, 21:17
Shag, other airlines are making money without doing what you suggest. However some changes to conditions have been accepted to survive. Times they are changing, I dont like it.. but that is the way its going