PDA

View Full Version : RAF Airman to apply?

SACrIGGER
14th Dec 2005, 20:05
Hi guys,

As you have most probably guessed I am currently serving in the RAF as an Airframes Technician. My question is, will this put me in a better chance of being successful in selection ( providing testing goes well!).

Will my airfield experience, radio skills, team work etc be what the interviewer's are looking for?

Any comments or words of worldly wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

Ian Dickson.

Carbide Finger
14th Dec 2005, 20:52
Ian,

It won't stand against you! Get through the first set of tests, then you'll be able to dazzle them with your knowledge. I think up until you get to the interviews experience doesn't count for anything.

CF

Runaway Gun
14th Dec 2005, 22:01
They will most likely be expecting more from you, than from the punter off the street.

Be prepared. ;)

Gonzo
14th Dec 2005, 22:03
Not true, if you meet the standard, you're in. If not, you're out.

edit: spelling...d'oh!

chevvron
15th Dec 2005, 07:11
Mate, I'm sure we'd all rather have you than some grad who knows nothing about aviation.

tired-flyboy
15th Dec 2005, 10:42
(bing ex mil), I agree with Gonzo

You have no ATC experience (i'm guessing) except using airfield radios etc. and maybe an airfield driving permit!

They will treat you as another body off the street. The same tests and the same interview.

If you meet the standard you'll get in....

Good luck

TFB

:ok:

Bern Oulli
16th Dec 2005, 06:59
And if you get in, and you know about radios and radar and other techie stuff, you'll be able to heckle during the radio and radar theory lessons!

Edited to add - Good Luck!

Pierre Argh
16th Dec 2005, 08:43
Don't expect your RAF Knowledge alone to get you through... it has given you a good, useful background BUT you may need to brush-up on Civil matters

Hootin an a roarin
16th Dec 2005, 11:42
Check your PM's