PDA

View Full Version : Just what we need

northern boy
21st Sep 2001, 03:40
If anyone is in any doubt as to the antipathy towards our industry from certain sections of society, I reprint the following letter from todays Independant.
I leave out the name since unlike the s**t who wrote it I have a few scruples about peoples feelings.

"Sir,

The British government should resist all pleas for the taxpayer to give further help to the airlines.
They already get masive help in the zero-tax position of their fuel.In the medium term,we should be seeking international agreement to tax aircraft fuel,and meanwhile there should be increases in UK airport tax.
If the airline's income does not cover their expenses,let them increase the fares which have been bid down to unjustifiably low levels. We should all benefit from reduced aircraft movements and less pollution"

This written on the day that 7000 jobs are to go at BA, Gill are in liquidation,Virgin are shedding 1200,not to mention the thousands in the US.

If you wish to reply to this ars****e, email

[email protected]

I propose that nuclear tipped greens armed with rolled up copies of the Guardian be fired at the Taliban immediatley.