PDA

View Full Version : Has Vicky BH joined EGSS tower?

Wee Weasley Welshman
9th Dec 2005, 23:06
This evening there is a female ATCO in Essex International with presumably a sore throat. The likeness to Vicky Butler-Hendersons presentation of Fifth Gear was both uncanny and highly stimulating.

I just want to commend her on her professional dedication in turning up for work when not best well and to thank her for "cheering up" our day on freq.

She has a lucrative alternate career in voice overs.

I so pray she's not called Ethel, 52 and five-year-running South Cambs eel wrestling (freestyle) champion..

Cheers

The Obvious Choice
11th Dec 2005, 03:48
Could you confirm if it was a controller from Stansted Tower or from Essex Radar?

If it was the latter we can confirm she is lovely and cheers our day up everyday!

AdmlAckbar
11th Dec 2005, 06:00
WWW,
You can rest easy, she’s not called Ethel, is considerably younger than 52, and has only won the eel wrestling 3 times.

I believe the said sore throat was somewhat self-induced although she is a dedicated controller who would leave her death bed to turn up at work and brighten all our days. As for comparisons to VBH – well she does have a penchant for fast cars, and if you happen to have an Aston Martin handy I’m sure she’ll be happy do all the voice-overs you require…

TopBunk
11th Dec 2005, 06:51
.... and will anyone let us into the secret about 'Britney' aka 'Marmite' on LHR Director frequency - very efficient and always with time to say 'bye'. Are my images of pigtails and a schoolgirl-type grey skirt to be dispelled?:p ;) :O

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
11th Dec 2005, 07:27
Lovely lady on Essex Radar....... pigtails and gymslip at Heathrow Approach.. Time I gave up this retirement lark methinks!!

Wonder why the Heathrow lady is "Marmite" - because some love her and some hate her??

shack
11th Dec 2005, 09:07
Steady Bren--remember your age!!

Avman
11th Dec 2005, 14:35
What about our very sexy sounding Eastern European girl at Maastricht Control? Her voice almost sounds as if it's put-on for an adults only show! It's actually totally genuine.

P.S. By the way, lots of gorgeous ladies at Maastricht.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
11th Dec 2005, 14:54
OK J.. Maybe snow on the roof.....

Georgeablelovehowindia
11th Dec 2005, 15:24
There was the beautiful voice on Geneva Volmet who used to brighten the early morning hours as the tired aviators dragged their way back to the UK. The way she used to breathe "Kilometershhh" brought on a warm, fuzzy glow.

Talkdownman
11th Dec 2005, 16:07
Hey Shack, Bren and I can't remember your age because of the magnesia. Do remind us! It'll save us having to ask Nurse when she takes us for a ride. (I don't think she is a real nurse....it's just a uniform...........). I'm on tomorrer mornin' so maybe I'll get some Marmite..........do you still get it in France?

Red Dragon
12th Dec 2005, 08:42
The lady at EGSS, would that be SR ( formerly SW). Is she back at work?

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
12th Dec 2005, 08:46
Talkdownman - he's 3 days older than God!

AdmlAckbar
12th Dec 2005, 09:09
Red Dragon,

Not on this occasion, but she is back at work.

shack
12th Dec 2005, 10:08
Do I still get what in France??

This bloke who says at the Rememberance do's each year "age shall not weary them" is lying!!! It's knackering me and I'm only 25 (x3).

Talkdownman
12th Dec 2005, 10:32
Obviously not, then, if you are knackered............
Can HD have your Zimmer when you've finished with it, or is it left-hand drive?

shack
12th Dec 2005, 13:53
I don't think it would do him any good. It was made for me and I don't think he will be able to reach high enough for the handle bars.

Red Dragon
13th Dec 2005, 11:57
AdmlAckbar

Check oyur PM's

Cheers

PPRuNe Radar
13th Dec 2005, 15:55
I just want to commend her on her professional dedication in turning up for work when not best well

Even if it means all her colleagues now also have a sore throat ?? :p

Anyone with colds and sniffles would be better advised to take the day off work. Much better they get well rather than spread it around their colleagues and the pilots then find there are delays due to staff shortages when the rest of the ATC team goes off sick next day :ok:

ifleeplanes
16th Dec 2005, 09:56
"Nice on the phone....add 2 stone" applies to RT too me thinks...;)

Talkdownman
17th Dec 2005, 11:28
BK Burger - The Antipodean lady is now that she has read what you have written. Now, how about complementing her on her successful validation yesterday instead? She is a very competent professional and going to be around for a long time, so be nice to her!

Bright-Ling
17th Dec 2005, 13:45
Hey Big Kahuna Boy.... you are in serious poo mate.

......or was it you sending her flowers to work!!?!?!?!?!?

Until yesterday she was being trained so with a mentor - kinda hard to give banter when you are being trained/examined innit?

You are only trying to chat her up like the rest of the blokes here!

The Obvious Choice
17th Dec 2005, 13:54
...said lady also has one of the best senses of humour in the room.

Congrats on the validation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aluminium Importer
17th Dec 2005, 21:06
I agree with Talkdown Man and The Obvious Choice!

She's a great girl and has done a brilliant job validating on TMA South!

Wind one's neck in!! :p

AI