PDA

View Full Version : Applied to NATS to be Trainee ATCO - What next?

GrahamK
9th Dec 2005, 12:03
Finally taken the leap and applied today to be a Trainee ATCO with NATS.
How long would it be before I recieved a reply and what kind of interviews would I expect, and are these done at Bournemouth or are they done around the country?
Cheers for any help

Whoops, seen the sticky thread now, my apologies :(

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
9th Dec 2005, 12:25
Hi Graham. Judging from what I hear, the personnel people in NATS are not particularly switched on so expect to be messed about or kept waiting.. However, should you eventually become an ATCO you'll find out where the real professionals are...

I wish you all the luck in the world.

GrahamK
9th Dec 2005, 12:33
Thanks Heathrow Director.
I have just graduated from Uni with a BSc in Computing so hopefull this could come in useful

Number2
9th Dec 2005, 15:20
"I have just graduated from Uni with a BSc in Computing so hopefull this could come in useful"

Not sure how or why but good luck anyway

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
9th Dec 2005, 16:02
GrahamK... Your qualification wouldn't have helped much while I was an ATCO, and I don't think it would now. All operational decisions come from the ATCOs head and computers are mainly used to provide him with flight information and one or two other bits and pieces.

However, there are career paths into other jobs in ATC and many of those deal with computers so if that is your particular bent your qualification may pay dividends in the future.

GrahamK
9th Dec 2005, 17:37
Ach well, hopefully I get a chance anyway.
Cheers guys :)