PDA

View Full Version : Atsa Interview Ltcc

R Farquar
6th Dec 2005, 09:11
Had ATSA interview at LTCC Mid November.

Completed the number and letter checking exercise, sim assessment and had interview afterwards.

Seen another thread which mentions a maths test? Strange, didn't have one myself.

Apparently there are places to be had at both West Drayton and Heathrow. Anyone know how many and when training possibly starts?

Felt that it all went very well, but can't help feeling that havn't got the position as I havn't heard anything.

:sad:

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
6th Dec 2005, 09:32
Give them a bell and ask.... nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Good luck and I hope it turns out OK for you. All the ATSAs I worked with were great people - all mad, of course, but great!

DonDave
6th Dec 2005, 09:51
I havent heard anything either. I thought went pretty well too mate, but thats the problem with these types of jobs-everyone will have similar knowledge and i didnt think the int questions were technical or specific enough for anybody to shine in particular so with so many similar candidates, the reasons for selecting the ones they have/will could be anything.

one guy has posted that he has been offered position, which would suggest we havent been successfull if not heard anything. However, they could be keeping us incase people reject offer.

also, they told me that they had 'positions' in both heathrow and LATCC. They also told me that they had positions 'now' and 'coming up' so it could be that they have told the succeessfull people for the 'now' positions, but havent decided when future positions will start and they will let us know soon.

i rang them and asked about it but they said they would be in contact in a few days, so may know more soon.

of course it could be that we both just failed-i dont think it looks good!

tell you what, i will PM you when i hear anything, and you do the same, that way we can narrow down what they are up to!

R Farquar
6th Dec 2005, 09:53
Thanks for the advice HD, already did that, guess it shows I'm still keen......said they'd being making a decision shortly.... I'm probably just being impatient. Still, this whole process goes back to start of September.

Looking at other threads, some have had interviews on the same day others not. Some had maths test, others not. It's all very confusing, don't they use same methods for all?

-------------------------------

thanks for the quick response DD.

i think the questions were quite straight forward, LHR holds, geography etc.

Can quite believe they have now and coming up positions. I gather LHR TWR not due for completetion til later part of 2006 ish. Did they ask you where you\\\\\\\'d prefer to work?

Fingers crossed....

Will of course PM u if I hear anything.

mocoman
6th Dec 2005, 10:59
During my interview I was told that they were hoping for start date of mid-Jan; and similarly I was also asked whether I would prefer Heathrow or LTCC. No maths test for me either; the format of my assessment/interview sounds pretty much the same as RFs.

I talked to HR yesterday morning with a couple of questions and was told that there are going to be multiple training start dates so you may still hear something positive.

Also, as DD said, there's always the possibility of someone either rejecting the offer or not making it through the security and medical assessments.

R Farquar
6th Dec 2005, 11:53
I'll try and remain hopeful...honest :hmm:

arthur j negus esq
6th Dec 2005, 12:42
The postions at Heathrow are for pseudo pilots to run the 360 sim, its not to work in the tower.There are enough ATSAs in the tower! ;)

White Hart
6th Dec 2005, 12:50
arthur

no there ain't!!;)

chevvron
6th Dec 2005, 13:12
They test ATSA's nowadays? Never used to; it used to be if you're not colour blind you're in.
And if Heathrow has so many, don't be selfish share them out!

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
6th Dec 2005, 17:38
Blimey Chev... you must be older than God. I couldn't get in as an ATCA in 1963 because I wasn't qualified!

chevvron
7th Dec 2005, 10:47
When I got in as an ATCA, it was just a single interview & 4 'O' levels, followed by a medical at the RAF CME. That was '67.

arthur j negus esq
7th Dec 2005, 11:00
Chevron

And if Heathrow has so many, don't be selfish share them out!

Thats not what I meant. Just don't need any extra bums in seats, when the new tower comes in the powers that be already want to get rid of half of us.

mocoman
7th Dec 2005, 23:27
want to get rid of half of us

mmm, that is my main worry about this situation; the apparant surplus of ATSAs that will occur within the next couple of years....:ugh:

chevvron
8th Dec 2005, 17:20
Surplus? We're always short handed.

Bigears
8th Dec 2005, 17:43
mocoman , if/when successful, will you be permanent staff or a VCA? (excuse me if thats not the term, I forget!)

mocoman
8th Dec 2005, 18:34
Bigears,
the provisional offer I have (pending clearance etc) is on a VCA basis; not a permanent post.

chevvron,
my probably misplaced paranoia is down to looking at the medium-term plans for LTCC/LACC.

ie:
co-location of LTCC/LACC late 2007,
introduction of iFACTS by LACC section during 2008,
introduction iFACTS by LTCC section during 20??,
implementation of CASPIAN 2012-14?,
development/introduction of DVI systems for training simulators.

(most of which events would seem to infer a reduction in non-ATCO staff upon, or shortly after, their introduction.)

and also my reading of the strategic planning document that NATS produced for 2005-2015 earlier this year detailing ATSA and ATCE planned reductions during the same period.

btw: BDiONU had posted a far better description of the timeline, and his opinion, last weekend in a thread that I stupidly managed to erase while I was intending to delete my last post and mistakenly deleted my first post, thus removing the entire thread...:\

chevvron
8th Dec 2005, 20:10
Ah but at airports, there will ALWAYS be ATSA's required; the only exception is I believe London City. With the recent ATSA WPP deal meaning ATSA's must have breaks every 2 hours mimimum, I would think most NATS controlled airports would need more ATSA's to provide continuous support duties.