PDA

View Full Version : industry in canada

ryan_vd
5th Dec 2005, 11:02
Hello pples.

Im a pilot in Australia with a bare 300hours behind my name. My question is: What is the demand for pilots in Canada? Bushpilots en the like. As im sure you are all aware that at this stage in my aviation career its all about building up the necessary hours to move on and achieve goals and dreams. Therefore as im wieghing up my options and leaving all avenues open I would love to know more information about aviation in Canada for ppl like myself. Im thinking it might be culturaly enriching and also a benefit to see aviation from a different perspective in a different country. Perhaps you could name some operators there that fly singles like 206/210 perhaps the 208 those type off aeroplanes as im sure I dont think i'll have any chance off being hired on twins or the like.

Cheers Ryan

Willie Everlearn
6th Dec 2005, 10:40
Good luck with your hopes and dreams Mate.
You're about as welcome in Canada as Canadians are in Australia.
Your best chances are in Oz.
That's not news, that's too, is reality.

MysticFlyer
6th Dec 2005, 13:20
Whap! Thatta boy.:}

UB6IB9
8th Dec 2005, 01:18
leave oz for canada? are your messed????? it's -10 right now in toronto and in a month it's gonna jump to -15, -20 ish. and that's southern ontario.

Glorified Donkey
8th Dec 2005, 01:26
Good luck with your dreams, Canada is not the place to be to achieve them. I know of about a dozen guys with twice the time you have (if not more) looking for jobs on light twins and have no success. Its all supply and demand and right now Canada is overflowing with pilots. They are obviously going to employ all of their guys before they take foreigners. I can bet there are about 100 guys right now trying to get into Oz and you want to come here?!?