PDA

View Full Version : CanJet info?

doo
4th Dec 2005, 14:03
Have CanJet improved their DEC offer in light of AC's recent hiring?

Navajo Jock
6th Dec 2005, 17:35
Hi Doo and anyone else thinking of CJ,

Canjet has not done a thing to sweeten the pot in light of all of the new hiring going on world wide. To enlighten those thinking of it, the training pay is CAD 22 000$ for both Captains and F/O’s this lasts for 2 months then goes to 42 500 for both Capts and F/O’s the F/O’s will remain at this low wage for the first year while Capts Will go to 65000$upon successful release to the line. So as for the pay you can see that it is a sweatshop.

As far as benefits go there is no reciprocating jump seat policy, there is no pension, and you can expect 50$ food stamps for going in on your days off!

I hope this helps......

Navajo Jock
7th Dec 2005, 03:57
Oh sorry I almost forgot no dental plan either which is funny as CJ is owned by IMP as is Execair and their pilots have one.... But the pot should get better as one pilot just resigned for Emirates and several others have interviews with Emirates China Airlines and Air Canada has shortlisted a few I hope this helps

in limbo
7th Dec 2005, 10:37
I agree with you 100% Navajo Jock !
I think you just touched on a few of the many many issues at CanJet.

doo
7th Dec 2005, 21:22
Thanks
No change down East then I see.:ouch:

Willie Everlearn
9th Dec 2005, 14:31
Reading through the EK posts I'd have to conclude things aren't rosey at that outfit either.

in limbo
9th Dec 2005, 14:40
I certainly think that EK is more stable then CanJet.
The pay cheque is considerably higher at EK.;)

Navajo Jock
9th Dec 2005, 21:43
I would hardly compare EK and CJ! They are not even in the same league!

in limbo
9th Dec 2005, 22:14
I'm surprised they are on the same planet for that matter.:p

Willie Everlearn
10th Dec 2005, 21:46
Sorry to read that you've missed the point of my post.

There aren't many (airlines) on this planet in the same league as an Emirates (Airline)? Even I can deduce that!
Judging by Sheikh Mohammed's insatiable appetite for aeroplanes he'd better have the fare-paying passengers to go along with those orders. (We'll see in due course)

I wonder how their funding of so many expat employees (housing, school fees, telephone, transportation, etc., etc., etc.) impacts 'the bottom line'. (Which curiously enough, most airlines can't even imagine providing their employees). If they even have a bottom line? (Dubai is the lesser Emirate to Abu Dhabi (Etihad) as far as Oil reserves go)

Economics in the Sandbox is quite unlike this part of the world but that's a bit off topic and most Pilot's in EK have little to do with the overall financial ledger anyway. We do however, read their comments on this forum and many seem quite dissatisfied with their lot in life despite the compensation package. Contrary to some ideas out there. They also have many who do like it and who do enjoy the T&Cs AND who don't moan and complain on the Forum.

The simple point of my simple statement, for those who missed it, is that no matter how rosey another Company may appear from afar, there will always be those (pilots) who whine and winge about how deplorable their own salary and working conditions are.

That's not news to anyone, is it?

:ok: