View Full Version : Passport

Capt BK
4th Dec 2005, 09:34
Sorry to ask what is probably a stupid question but:

I'm about to renew my passport and am hoping to start my first commercial job next year. Will I need to get a 48 page passport or will a normal one be ok. I'm guessing your passport is rarely stamped if looked at at all.

Farmer 1
4th Dec 2005, 09:37
Get the big one.

I think the extra cost is £1? Not much, anyway, and silly not to, in my opinion.

springbok449
4th Dec 2005, 14:58
Get the big one...the difference in price isnt that much but well worth it...

Özcan
4th Dec 2005, 21:21
btw how often do you get your passport stamped as a pilot?

Thunderbug
4th Dec 2005, 21:59
Ozcan

I'm a longhaul pilot and the only stamps in my passport apart from the ones from my holidays are:

1: Kazakhstan - 1 stamp IN, 1 stamp OUT

2: USA - B1 & C1 Visas + Form I-95AB (Rev. 10-1-84)Y on which they stamp your entry date. Don't forget that at immigration you will have two fingerprints and a digital picture taken. On exiting the country you will be required to again submit your visa and have two fingerprints and a photo taken

Question:
Which one is "the land of the free"? :\

T'bug :ok:

redsnail
4th Dec 2005, 22:01
Throughout the EU never. Going to Morocco, Ukraine, Russia etc and I go land side, all the time.

(EU passport)

Jetstream Rider
4th Dec 2005, 22:17
Get the usual one. Its not worth the extra cash to get a big one, I renewed a few weeks ago and the big one was only available on the most expensive service.

I have only had my passport stamped when going on hols, not for work. If you are one of those above who gets it stamped by flying to interesting places, then perhaps, but most of the time you will not need any pages at all, let alone extra ones.

Dan Winterland
5th Dec 2005, 01:20
If you fly into China, each port will stamp an entry permit once every year. With about 15 destinations there, mine's 3 years old and getting pretty full now.

Go for 48. You don't know where you will be working next!

rotorboy
5th Dec 2005, 03:54
get the big one. I am regretting it now and am having to have pages added ( a royal pain)

RB

ZFT
5th Dec 2005, 08:07
Rotorboy,

I've just replaced both my UK passports at a ridiculous cost due to lack of space and the local embassy was emphatic that you can't add pages to a UK passport.

Your post indicates otherwise - What, where and how do you go about this?

Thanks.

beerdrinker
5th Dec 2005, 08:23
I believe that as a UK Citizen you can have two passports. Very useful if you are applying fot a new one and want to go abroad while the passport office processing the application or the No1 passport is being processed for a visa by one of the countries that require visas (Russia etc)