PDA

View Full Version : info on Air Traffic Control in Italy

bushkid
4th Dec 2005, 07:01
Italian ATC
Hi there
Is there anybody who has more info on Air Traffic Control in Italy?
Are there any posts available and what are the requirements?
Any info will help.
It would also be great to get into direct contact with italian controllers.
Thanks
regards
:ok:

Hobo
4th Dec 2005, 07:09
I think you'll find all Air Traffic Controllers (airways and airfields) in Italy are in the Military, and, I believe, NCOs.

bushkid
4th Dec 2005, 07:27
What is NOC?
Would u have any links or webpages that could help?
tks:)

4th Dec 2005, 11:06
bushkid
Try surfing over to their website here. (http://www.enav.it/aip/aip_login_eng_err.html)

flowman
4th Dec 2005, 14:26
"I think you'll find all Air Traffic Controllers (airways and airfields) in Italy are in the Military, and, I believe, NCOs."

Not true. There are civil controllers in both ACCs and aerodromes. Of course there are military controllers as well, just like everywhere else.

:confused:

bushkid
5th Dec 2005, 08:59
Tks for all the replies so far.
Would anybody know of posts available or job opportunities for Controllers in Italy? Are there any non-italians employed?
Kind Regards

TAVLA Northbound
5th Dec 2005, 23:57
Jeez Bushkid ...

If you're who I think you are, it didn't take long for ATNS to get on your nerves. Been there, done that, got the ulcer.

If it's politically viable (right skin colour etc) you should maybe stick it out for a while. Jo'burg experience is some of the best you'll get anywhere. But it's your call. Ofcourse, being an EU citizen you could work elsewhere on the continent too, I would think.

Good luck:ok:

Ciao

7th Dec 2005, 09:55
Ofcourse, being an EU citizen you could work elsewhere on the continent too, I would think.

Not true! Its your experience that counts first, citizenship second and if you have a good command of the local lingo thirdly. If you cant speak the language, its usually "Sorry but you dont speak the language. We cant offer you a job"