PDA

View Full Version : Metroliner Copilot

PELAYO
2nd Dec 2005, 09:57
Hi everybody:

I´m spanish Pilot with a fresh new TR (or CR?) SA-226/227. I am JAA CPL, F.I., ATPL (f), also I have a COM, IFR, MULTI FAA. My flight time is about 850 hours with at least 300 Multi.

My question is if it could be possible to find a list of europeans companies using Metro in order to apply as soon as possible.

How is the chance for a pilot in my situation?

Thanks a lot

loader
2nd Dec 2005, 15:05
Hi Pelayo

Try looking under www.ppjn.com

Or there is a book called JP airline-fleets international.
It is not the cheapest one but worth its price. It is available via www.buchairnet.com

In Germany are still some airlines with Metros.
Try BinAir in Munich. Its a small Cargo-Company.

Hope I´ve helped.

Happy landings and good luck
loader

lordsummerisle
2nd Dec 2005, 15:38
You could also try aeronova who are a metro operator in Spain or North Flying in Denmark, all the best

Atcham Tower
4th Dec 2005, 19:41
Also try Zorex, a Spanish company. One of their Metros was in Liverpool on Friday night.

PELAYO
10th Dec 2005, 08:34
Thanks everybody for your help. In Spain it is almost impossible to find a seat providing there are many people paying 12.000 euros for flying 200 hours.

What I need is to know the name of others europeans companies using the metro. I've a look on ppjn and none use Metros.

Tanks again. I´ll keep trying...

zerozero
10th Dec 2005, 10:49
12,000/200 = 60/hr.

So the FO's are paying the Capt's wages?

What a deal!

Wasn't there a real shady Metro operator down in Malta a couple of years ago? Whatever happened to that outfit?

angelorange
13th Dec 2005, 10:54
Try Dutch ATC-NL at Schipol - I think they still use metro occaisionally, although calibration contract is now with BE20s.

Boingboingdriver
13th Dec 2005, 18:07
you just got your rating and you dont know if its a class or type rating you got????
Where do you fly metros?on which licence is it on?

PELAYO
14th Dec 2005, 11:11
I know that it is a Type Rating on my JAA Licence. I was thinking that it is not possible (at least in Spain) to do the check ride for the ATPL in a Metro aircraft.

I have not start to fly in the Metro. I only have the TR on my JAA Licence (I have also a clean FAA too) and I will try to find any european operator that gives me a chance .

Thanks again, everybody.

angelorange
14th Dec 2005, 18:29
Keep at it and try to get a MPA type rating for JAR ATPL issue - realise this is often a Catch 22 these days!

Metro, Be20, and even Be1900 are SPA under JAR despite being used as two crew machines for most work.

Rubberchicken
3rd Jan 2006, 14:54
You could try Air Atlantique. They operate one. Ad-hoc cargo/pax...
:ok: