PDA

View Full Version : SHL personality

cessna747-400
2nd Dec 2005, 03:42
SHL personatlity
hey all!

maybe someone can comment, i passed all my numeracy and spatial reasoning tests quite above company standard, but did not make the personality profile!?! im not the right fit, but the question is if i take the test again 2morrow, maybe i will?! so i dont think that prof. 'krick'(he is the guy that does the personality assesment and gives the 'yes' or 'no') really knows what he's looking for, and he does not want to "sign people off" , cos they might have a mid-air one day (which is not gonna happen) and he doesnt want to be connected to it so that means he doesnt trust his findings.....

a few people failed on personality, but there are so many different personalities in ATC, one guy drinks, the other one doesnt, one guy is grumpy other guy friendly, one guys swears the other guy doesnt etc....why oh why...

please comments

Swish
2nd Dec 2005, 06:54
Can you work in a team, follow complex rules and procedures, and prioritize all while taking a licking and keep on ticking?

Lot more to it than spatial reasoning.

Good luck next time.

Lon More
2nd Dec 2005, 11:04
while taking a licking :confused:

Now I know some units are quite laid-back but ....:O

Could this be Jerricho's next place of work??:}

Swish
2nd Dec 2005, 14:48
Old Timex TV commercial slogan. They'd beat the crap out of the watch then show it display 1:50 and still running. Then the dramatic voice over... Takes a licking... and keeps on ticking.

;)

http://www.timexpo.com/timeline7.html

Jerricho
2nd Dec 2005, 14:56
*Huh*

Who licking who and where????? Do they need approach controllers? What say you Lon...........that get you out of retirement?

Lon More
2nd Dec 2005, 22:27
that get you out of retirement?
No way José. Not even promises of unlimited virgins would do that.

Might consider an offer from Tall 'n' Tasty or Flaps though :O

cessna747-400
3rd Dec 2005, 06:24
err, yes can do....dunno why though, the dumb prof. is coming on wednesday to give a little lecture....
anyways, its not the end of the whole aviation interest, just ckufed up in a way....cool