PDA

View Full Version : CTOT during LVP??

crjlover
1st Dec 2005, 19:21
Dear all,
today was a very bad day in EDDM (heavy ATFM due to fog and low vis procedure). We had some flight outbound from EDDM to LIRQ and to LKPR wit slots due to restriction at LIRQ and enroute to LKPR. In due time our crews asked for the start-up, but they got a replay from clearance delivery that due to LVP in progress at departure they can't catch the slot, and asked to contact the airline to have a new slot.
In these cases how is responsible to get a new slot? Is it operator or the ATC at EDDM??
I only had these troubles in EDDM and in LIRP. Never had this issue in EDDF when they are in LVP.

Regards
Mattia.

fly bhoy
2nd Dec 2005, 11:22
I can only speak from EGLL perspective, but if you call ready in plenty of time to make your slot, but due to airfield delays (ie LVP induced) you would miss your slot, it is my responsibility to either decide to start you out of sequence (ie jump the queue of airfield delays - this would only really happen if we had information that to negotiate a new slot would result in massive delay) or negotiate a new slot.

Can't comment on Munich, but I hope that helps somewhat.

FB:ok:

GT3
2nd Dec 2005, 14:19
What's a slot time again??? ;)

flowman
7th Dec 2005, 09:04
Sorry for the delay crjlover but I have been making some enquiries about your experience at Munich.
It is normally the responsibility of ATC to negotiate a new slot when you are so close to departure. The system at Munich is complicated by the fact that apron control is carried out by the aerodrome authority who would not necessarily be aware of departure delays building up on the taxiways. Sounds daft but that's the way it is.
In such circumstances it is usual for ATC to call us and either negotiate slot extensions for individual flights, or to extend the taxi time for all flights in line with actual conditions on the aerodrome. For reasons unknown neither of these possibilities was carried out on the day you mentioned. :confused: