PDA

View Full Version : Heli Pilot Jobs

LynxJockey
24th Nov 2005, 20:12
Hello All,

I am a british miltary Heli Pilot with 1200hrs (1000multi) and am desperately trying to seek emloyment in Canada. My wife has had a number of Job offers in the IT world based either Vancouver,Ottowa, Edmonto and Toronto.

I looked at the Transport Canada website and they have a 2000hrs minumum requirement so no luck there.

Is there a main company that provides Police/Air Ambulance positions?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

LynxJockey

CaptW5
25th Nov 2005, 00:48
There is a (mainly) helicopter oriented forum here:
http://www.verticalmag.com/community/
Used to be called caaviation.com.

rotornut
25th Nov 2005, 19:13
You might try Canadian Helicopters. I've heard they are always looking for pilots in their IFR division which does the ambulance work in Ontario.

LynxJockey
25th Nov 2005, 22:28
Hi,

Thanks for the info. After having a good read on the mentioned website it looks like competition is fierce for any decent regular position and most work is seasonal.

I'll give Canadian helicopters a try. I believe they are starting to use NVG's in the Police and EMS units so hopefully there is something out there for me.

thanks again,

LynxJockey

rigpiggy
26th Nov 2005, 20:55
helijet in YVR is the BCAS provider, stars in YYC rest of Canada, I don't know

CaptW5
26th Nov 2005, 23:53
At this time of the year, yes the competition is fierce, especially for year round jobs. Once everybody gets ready for the spring/summer you'll find advertisements for helicopter pilots everywhere.

albatross
27th Nov 2005, 17:13
You will need to get a Canadian Licence which will should NOT be a big problem for you.

Canadian Helicopters has Air Ambulance contracts in Ottawa and Toronto among other places on Ontario. SK-76s.
Everybody starts off as a co-pilot so prepare for a shock.

Try the forums at Verticalmag

http://www.verticalmag.com

or the rotorheads section here at pprune.

Best of luck.

offshoreigor
27th Nov 2005, 20:10
LynxPilot

Try CHC Global Operations. We can always use upgradeable Co-Pilots.

Contact Brian Clegg at +16042767500

Cheers,

:eek: OffshoreIgor :eek: