PDA

View Full Version : A300 B4, is it true?

catchup
24th Nov 2005, 19:06
Aircraft landed at EDDW. Crew of three promised to pay the landing fee, but disappeared.

Aircraft was discarded later on.

captplaystation
24th Nov 2005, 21:40
A friend working in CDG tells me there is a story going around today of an aircraft of (bankrupt) Air Horizons being spirited away.Remember when I was a contractor one of my colleagues being offered a shed load of cash to repossess a 737 from Yugoslavia/Croatia or such-like;only problem (apart from possibly getting shot)was that no-one really knew airworthiness status/fuel load on board so it was a little "dodgy" & he,wisely,declined.I know how understaffed/dozy they can be of a night in CDG ATC so this doesn't sound so far fetched.

captplaystation
24th Nov 2005, 21:56
Some connection with my Air Horizons "incident"? Can't remember if they operated one?Edited to say,looked on Airliners.Net (sad anorak I know!) and only types with any piccies were 737/757. Note to mods, could you re-open my original thread? it now seems these two events are indeed unconnected?

threemiles
25th Nov 2005, 06:41
Story is true, there were non-hoax photos in the press. Airplane is neutralized Air Jamaica livery. Plane was transferred to Diepholz airbase for scrap.

Kace
25th Nov 2005, 12:35
The aircraft was N104GA and it had the old Japan Air System livery, not the Jamaican.

It arrived unexpectedly on october 6 in Bremen after it flew from the United Arab Emirates. Original destination was the former airbase Ahlhorn but no previous approval to land there was obtained. However, after landing, the crew quickly disappeared. Only after the bills were payed and the necessary paperwork was done, was the airplane allowed to leave again. On october 17, with a fresh crew, the Airbus flew itīs last flight. A short ferry to Ahlhorn where it was to be scrapped.

Source: Aero International