PDA

View Full Version : Ramp collision EMA

25minutes
24th Nov 2005, 08:53
Hearing an easy bus has one of it,s winglets embedded in a Tommy cooks wing

d71146
24th Nov 2005, 09:04
Hi all,
Is it my imagination or are aircraft having little bumps and collisions at aprons & taxiways far more than in days gone by when we were flying VC10s Tridents etc aaaaaaaah the memories I
must be having a senior moment.

notdavegorman
24th Nov 2005, 11:33
d71146:- you may well be correct about far more ground collisions that in days gone by, however isn't it also the case that there are far more aircraft movements too?

In trim
24th Nov 2005, 11:38
.....and in many cases a lot more congestion on the ramp!

Gone are the days where a VC10 would have the ramp to itself all day.

Avman
24th Nov 2005, 12:29
Aah, but much smaller ramps! ;)

And none of these easy nose-in parking in the piston/turboprop and early jet days. Oh for the days of watching a DC-6 being marshalled in tightly between two others. :{

Shaka Zulu
24th Nov 2005, 12:32
so any RELEVANT information about this 'reported' incident?

AVIONIQUE
24th Nov 2005, 12:58
easy airbus taxied into thomas cook parked near apron exit and embedded its winglet into nav light area(and left it there)aaib on the way im told.

captplaystation
24th Nov 2005, 13:36
Well we are all going to see how the "unique open culture" reacts to this.Hope for the crew's sake they have some mitigating factors.

FlapsOne
24th Nov 2005, 14:11
The last time EZ had an incident/accident of this nature (nearly 3 years ago) it was handled very well by all parties and the crew were back on line in no time with absolute minimum of fuss and bother.

Let's hope the same applies here.

Localiser Green
24th Nov 2005, 14:40
Out of interest, do easy have FO's taxying the aircraft on the Airbus fleet (on their sector that is)?

FlapsOne
24th Nov 2005, 14:56
Out of interest (?????????????!!!!!!) yes they do, which means there's a 50/50 ish chance that it was an FO taxying.

Let's however not forget at this stage that there are numerous possibilities as to why this may have happened so don't leap to any conclusions.

3 years ago the Pprune jury had already convicted and hung the Capt of the 737 in an incident in AMS for taxying too fast, only to find out that they were totally wrong in their verdict (which had been reached based on NO information whatsoever!).

fmgc
24th Nov 2005, 19:04
Point of note might be that easy FO's have only just started taxying the a/c.

Sunfish
24th Nov 2005, 19:05
Perhaps someone went to sleep at the wheel?

Colonel Klink
24th Nov 2005, 19:28
Or maybe they were running late to make their 20 minute turnaround. Whatever would the shareholders think?? Maybe they thought they were taxiing G-EZJZ and were in a hurry to make some sort of statement!! (that aircraft was recently named after Ray Webster!)

737James
24th Nov 2005, 19:41
I heard about this incident on my return to Ema this morning can anybody confirm it G-EZEU that was involved ? On taxi out I noticed one of the Easybus parked rather close to the Thomas Cook a320 so I presume it was while trying to get off stand when the incident happened. Does anybody know what the exact damage was to both aircraft ? The ramp has been congested just recently especially with all the diversions, I dread to think how it will be with the FR aircraft based as well. I understand more stands and apron will be available for then though anybody how many extra stands they will gain ?

AVIONIQUE
25th Nov 2005, 08:15
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c244/avionique/Mvc-455s.jpg http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c244/avionique/Mvc-453s.jpg

if i have mastered photo hosting here be piccies.

the first pic shows how close they were parked yesterday and they are parked the same way today!thomas cook wingtip replaced lastnight but easy g-ezeu still in bmi hangar.g-bxkc was the opponent.easy to see how it happened.dont think it will be a long AAIB investigation somehow.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c244/avionique/Mvc-456s.jpg

Sans Anoraque
25th Nov 2005, 08:44
Could someone tell me EMA's proper name?

FlapsOne
25th Nov 2005, 09:03
So which one was moving at the time of the incident?? Any marshallers around?

AVIONIQUE
25th Nov 2005, 09:20
Only the easy was moving.no marshallers, i believe he /she was self manouvering forwards off stand with no pushback.tricky if from the f/o seat especially.

NEMA is nottingham east midlands airport.It is in leicestershire.oh and has a derbyshire phone number and postcode.you see why we have an identity crisis?
in the LHR community we are refered to as emmerdale due to our lovely rural location(ema dale) geddit? :D

almost professional
25th Nov 2005, 09:39
that parking arrangement has been in use for quite a while-first with the B737 and now the A319-TCX refer to it as the 'company stand', it is tight but no problems up till now
5 new stands are being built to the west of the central apron, contractors on site now to complete in the spring, that should cover the summers traffic-we hope!
The apron will also be remarked to remove those stands and the cul-de-sac arrangement to give more nose in stands facing north

Lartington
25th Nov 2005, 15:11
An old Panam captain once told me to look at the shadows on the ground when maneuvering on the ramp.

STANCARRIER
26th Nov 2005, 01:48
Did you take those photos from the warmth of your kitchen Avionique !!!!!
I can smell the sausages from here !!