View Full Version : Airline Pilot Uniform

GDSD
22nd Nov 2005, 16:59
I am flying in Business Aviation and I have been asked to wear an Airline Pilot's jacket as part of my uniform. No uniform is provided.

I have bought 2 suits for both me and the FO and am looking to put some 'gold braid vellum stripes' on the sleaves. Can anyone assist in letting me know where I can buy suitable braid please?

enicalyth
22nd Nov 2005, 17:31
Short of my tailors in Hong Kong but since you are EGPH and therefore a pom try websearch Michael Jay. Also found in the back pages of RAF News.

They'll be delighted to rip you off.

Gold is passe. Platinum is best!

GDSD
22nd Nov 2005, 17:37
Thanks for the tip.

GD

Pilot Pete
22nd Nov 2005, 18:36
Most haberdashery (sp?) shops stock the correct kind of braid, in both gold and silver. Try a google search for local ones. Jenners would probably stock it........!

PP

redsnail
22nd Nov 2005, 19:20
Hey Tassie tiger,

Platinum's good for jewellery. Looks like tin on the uniform.

Gold is best. :ok:

The big fella had to get some gold braid when he got his forth stripe. He bought it from where he got his uniform. The place is in Nottingham somewhere. (one of easyJet's suppliers) He's asleep at the mo other wise I'd ask him. It's not hard to get hold of.

banana head
22nd Nov 2005, 23:43
You used to be able to buy black w/ gold and navy w/ silver uniforms from BA stores? My old company used to buy all of their uniform there. Not sure if they still sell them though??

PAXboy
23rd Nov 2005, 14:53
Don't forget to add the 5th stripe and when they ask what it is for (if they notice) just say it's because you are a qualified PPRuNe. :}

--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.