PDA

View Full Version : Northolt

nouseforaname
22nd Nov 2005, 14:38
Looking to land a single engine plane at Northolt, this would mostly only be at night because otherwise there are plenty of other nice small places to go. Just it's close to London etc.

Does anyone know about good (good meaning cheap!) handling agents there or what the situation is with the place and single engine light aircraft?

thanks,

TD

S-Works
22nd Nov 2005, 15:16
I have landed there a few times on business. Landing fee is about £180. Crown insurance required.

As I recall they do not accept singles and are only available during ops hours.

G-EDDS
22nd Nov 2005, 15:19
Being based at a base not a million miles north of Northholt and having flow my Ac into said base, firstly you will need to ensure you have Crown Indemnity Insurance. You will then need to contact Northholt's duty Ops Officer and make your intentions known and also file a flight plan. If you are not MOD personnel then there may be some other hoops to jump through however, a quick call to Northholt Ops should see you right. Hope this helps. :ok:

nouseforaname
22nd Nov 2005, 18:19
thanks very much. I know someone who lands a GV there at night that's why I was trying to find out more.....

cheers

Wrong Stuff
22nd Nov 2005, 20:07
Northolt don't accept single-engine aircraft.

For twins, minimum landing fees are 185 pounds. Movements after hours (20:00 Mon-Fri, all day Sat or Sun) attract a 75% surcharge. Handling fees are 140 pounds and there's an annual registration charge of 40 pounds. Parking is 6.36 per hour. All these figures are not including VAT.

nouseforaname
22nd Nov 2005, 20:32
That is absolutely ridiculous. I can't understand how they get away with it in England. No single engine aircraft accepted...makes me feel sick

bletchleytugie
22nd Nov 2005, 21:18
Last time I looked all Gulfstream V's had two nice jets at the back end and were very difficult to confuse with a single engined aircraft - make your mind up

nouseforaname
24th Nov 2005, 10:57
I said that I knew someone that landed a GV there not I AM GOING TO LAND A GV THERE smart arse

Engine overtemp
24th Nov 2005, 11:51
Why no singles?

Have you looked at the area recently, there is nowhere to go in the event of an engine failure either on the way in or the way out.

:ok:

EGBKFLYER
24th Nov 2005, 11:57
Not so. If you come in at about 3000', you might make Hyde Park or LHR if you stretched the glide a bit.

bletchleytugie
24th Nov 2005, 12:11
Reference to the AD Section of the UK AIP will provide details of all the requirments that need to be met in terms of crew identification, handling charges and the limitations on types of aircraft whic may operate in a d out of Northolt, as well as removing all the specualtion.

Cusco
24th Nov 2005, 13:55
There are a few twins in which the only way is down in the case of EFATO.............

Safe flying