PDA

View Full Version : N-tail Jet & paperwork?

Capt. Haddock
19th Nov 2005, 16:52
I have to fly an acceptance flight I Asia of a FAA registered jet. Have lot’s of time on type and no problems with the operational/test flight part but have been flying on non-FAA for many years. Just have my type, atp. medical, 61.58 PC and FAA recs. to be current. I am used to fly for an airline where I don’t have to worry too much about the registration papers. Could anyone tell me what I should be looking for besides the usual "ARROW"? How would you do the paper W&B if you don’t have a laptop/computer/simplified trimsheets sheets/loadings schedules or the manufacturer's weight and balance control and loading manual? (No problem with green W&B but I always had the forms to find underlying numbers of arns for fuel etc.)

BizJetJock
21st Nov 2005, 10:08
Hi Captain Haddock,

You hit the nail on the head with ARROW; as I'm sure you know the W is for Weight (and balance). If you haven't got the manufacturers W & B manual available, then the paperwork is not complete to fly the aircraft. ;)
I know that the reality is that it's often been lost in an office somewhere as everyone uses the computer or simplified trim sheets, but's that's the legal answer. In practice, of course, it's particularly important to have the original for an acceptance flight as one of the things to check is that the computer programme/trim sheet has been made up correctly for this aircraft!
Either way, you need to create a fuss with the relevant people to get them to find it.

Have fun,

BJJ