PDA

View Full Version : Hour Building USA???

bolty_1000
17th Nov 2005, 14:09
Hi,

I am looking to head out to the states in May after ATPLs to do some serious hour building!

Idealy I'm wanting to hire a plane for a few weeks and go off to explore the country.

Can anyone recomend a flying club that would allow me to hire a plane for this length of time?

Cheers for the help!

Sans Anoraque
17th Nov 2005, 15:40
Rather than flaming you I'll be kind.

There are quite possibly hundreds of threads regarding this on this forum. (And quite a few in Wannabes).

The short answer is the majority of places in the States will let you block hire, and you don't need to limit yourself to training organisations either.

Search the threads for all the tips (1-800-wxbrief for example)and amongst other things check the fuel reimbursement rate. A stingy rate will rack up your costs significantly. Also, you won't need a visa, but the paperwork to get your FAA cert will take around 2 months. Again, search for exact details.

Enjoy

jimbo jet set
17th Nov 2005, 22:09
I can HIGHLY recommend Sunstate Aviation based at Kissimmee as they let me do exactly what you want to do over two weeks in a virtually brand new Cessna 172 with traffic and w/x radar etc for $74.50 per hour (dry).

Search on my previous threads for the full lowdown.

Enjoy.........:O

P.S their website is www.sunstateaviation.com