PDA

View Full Version : European Aviation Regulation

Paradism
16th Nov 2005, 17:39
Press release from EASA points the way forward. If they tackle Operations like they have Maintenance, there will be extensive new rules and regulations. You will have your own opinions on the effects of a single authority responsible for aviation legislation in Europe.

http://europa.eu.int/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=IP/05/1422&format=HTML&aged=0&language

TURIN
17th Nov 2005, 20:39
If they tackle Operations like they have Maintenance then European air crew will be given their Pilot License with a box of cereal whereas British Pilots will have do somersaults just to look at an aeroplane.:mad:

outoftheblue
17th Nov 2005, 21:03
What they are also saying here is that they will publish a blacklist of airlines that dont meet their standards and will therefore not be allowed to fly into EU airspace (which also includes Switzerland despite being non EU)

This would have applied to Flash Airlines who were banned by the Swiss authorities but were allowed to fly out of France with tragic consequences.

The list they eventually publish will be an interesting one if they ever get it past their legal department...

Stratocaster
18th Nov 2005, 16:53
Don't expect "EU-OPS" or "EU-FCL" to be adopted (i.e. to become EU law) before March 2007. If not early 2008. The JAA HQ in the Netherlands close on the 31st of December 2006.

Negociations between the EASA and the industry to review/simplify Mx requirements for owners of non-complex aircraft doing non-commercial ops (i.e. G/A) are already on the menu. If I recall correctly they should start quite soon, but don't quote me on that.

What counts is that the EASA wants to hear from the industry. They want as much feedback as possible from us. Compared to the JAA that's a significant progress.