PDA

View Full Version : NATS ATCO selection Day

future atco
15th Nov 2005, 20:11
I am on the selection day in january at Bournmouth. I'm studying everything possible regarding ATC, but can anyone here give me an insight into what i can expect on the day? I've looked at some sample online apptitude tests and have a couple of books with practical ATC studies.
Look forward to your comments!

261A
15th Nov 2005, 20:14
http://freespace.virgin.net/at.co/home.htm

future atco
16th Nov 2005, 08:10
Hi

Yeah,its the selection day at Bournmouth. I've been given stacks of stuff to read and also been given a link to a website to view practice apptitude tests etc.
It would be great if you could tell me anything about the day that might help me!
By the way, did you get through?

Inverted81
16th Nov 2005, 14:18
Firstly, good luck...
heres your first aptitude test...
Find on this forum all the details you need.. they are already there!!!
if you have trouble, give one of us shout and we'll lead you in the right direction!
Clue:
type aptitude test in the search function ;)

Have fun

261A
17th Nov 2005, 17:29
Any sites where can practice the shape questions?

Ed666
17th Nov 2005, 21:36
I'll tell you 1 thing for sure, you dont need to spend much time learning every single aircraft detail in the file they send you! if i remember rightly its about 3 or 4 pages of pure data on different a/c

Just know the general differences in altitude and speed between jets & props

Apart from that know and learn everything else!

Dances with Boffins
18th Nov 2005, 07:48
...apart from the fact that NATS has just changed their selection process and the first new tests run.... in January! Most are the same as the old ones aparently [so don't panic] but the package they sent you to learn is tested more rigourously.

future atco
18th Nov 2005, 17:29
so do i need to learn as much as i can about everything ATC related, or do i just concentrate on what they've sent me? I wanna be absolutely prepared......but at the same time, i dont wanna waste time learning things that i might never need to know!!!???

Gonzo
18th Nov 2005, 19:49
Future ATCO.

Do not stop learning everything you can about aviation in general and ATC. You might not be asked about it at the test day, but you will at interview, and you will certauinly benefit from that knowledge at the college and when you're working 'for real'.

future atco
18th Nov 2005, 21:30
thanks for your help guys!
i guess i will bury my head back in those books!!!

stand by for more questions in the future tho!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yakkity yak
27th Nov 2005, 13:36
future ATCO

good luck with your selection tests, I trust it will go well.