PDA

View Full Version : Emergency landing at EIDW?

ACARS
14th Nov 2005, 11:22
Local radio reported an emergency landing at Dublin this morning. They reported place had landed safely. Anyone know any further details?

Miles Hi
14th Nov 2005, 11:40
An Aer Arann plane has made an emergency landing at Dublin Airport after experiencing engine problems this morning.
The 48-seat plane was being brought back to Ireland following maintenance work in Denmark when the pilot was forced to shut down one engine.

Four crew members were on board, but all were unhurt when the aircraft touched down safely in Dublin at around 10.45am.

The fire services at the airport had been scrambled as a precaution.

Global Pilot
14th Nov 2005, 12:17
Departed Sonderborg, DK earlier this morning.

michaelknight
14th Nov 2005, 12:29
Believe it was an engine fire

Radar Identified
14th Nov 2005, 18:16
I can assure you 100% that the reason for the shut down was not an engine fire. The engine was shut down voluntarily by the crew as to leave it running was going to provide control difficulties for the landing!

sikeano
14th Nov 2005, 19:16
quote from radar id

I can assure you 100% that the reason for the shut down was not an engine fire. The engine was shut down voluntarily by the crew as to leave it running was going to provide control difficulties for the landing!

i like that 100% :cool:

No_Speed_Restriction
14th Nov 2005, 20:09
Can you expand because that doesnt make any sense

Finchy
14th Nov 2005, 21:40
Are you sure this was not a Flybe and landing into BHD as I heard on radio this morning whilst on way to DUB?

I may be wrong - was busy flying at time, lol.

123 O'Leary
14th Nov 2005, 23:20
Sounds like it could have been a frozen power lever, stuck at cruise power.
Had it some years ago on a J31, only way out was to shut the engine down (or wait for 15mins at low altitude and hope it defrosts).
In any event im sure the crew did a good job :ok:

eastern wiseguy
14th Nov 2005, 23:23
Flybe and landing into BHD

Don't know about the Dub incident ...but as far as Bhd is concerned you weren't hearing things ....