PDA

View Full Version : aerodrome forecast

squawkident7700
12th Nov 2005, 19:31
hi all jar ops operators employees,
I would like to share your thoughts regarding the table"application of aerodrome forecast Jar ops1 section2 amc ops 1.297":
has any of you ever had to consult at the planning stage the above mentioned table, either in real life or before a sim ride to verify the legal suitability of the dest/alt as function of change indicators TEMPO,BECMG, PROB etc?
IMHO, It looks like nobody has.
Everybody ignores it. In real life everybody thinks that his common sense is enough to choose dest/alt and fuel. At the sim nobody is expected to use the table, cause most of the TRE's hardly know where to find it, let alone know what it reads!

thank you
SI7700
:confused:

Empty Cruise
12th Nov 2005, 20:55
No, I think the majority of us know that one by heart by now - so no need looking :}

Have failed a crew during line-check once on this one (yes, I know...how the f#*k can you fail a linecheck :confused: ). They had signed off on departing to an aerodrome that was below destination minima, with one alternate that was below alternate minima as well, limiting runways, no calculation for impact of contaminated runways :rolleyes:, so all in all about 10% over on max. landing mass - which they had nicely compensated for by carying around 15% too little fuel :suspect:

OK, things got sorted out before we ended up jeopardising anybodys lives (especially our own) - but when the capt. then decided to play around with the anti-skid system & forgot to switch it on again when approaching the destination... :{ :mad: :E

Uncle Empty had to be pilot-in-command for the return sectors :(